Nic's Reviews > Why Your World Is About to Get a Whole Lot Smaller: Oil and the End of Globalization

Why Your World Is About to Get a Whole Lot Smaller by Jeff Rubin

M 50x66
Jan 17, 2010

bookshelves: commodities, economics, consumer-policy, globalisation, political-economy, international-trade
Recommended to Nic by: Australian Financial Review Book review (afr.com.a)
Recommended for: General public, those with limited economics understanding, globalisation observers
Read from December 15 to 26, 2009

Noted economist Jeff Rubin delivers a readable list of problems facing 21st century earth as oil diminishes whilst demand is forecast to grow.

The list of problems includes the politics of oil, irrational consumer behaviour, corporate influence and geo-political power. This list is by no means exhaustive and grows as the book evolves.

I would strongly recommend the book to those just wanting a basic guide to digest the relationship of oil to your everyday life, and the book is probably better suited to a general audience with limited economics and international trade knowledge.

For the record the review in the financial newspaper that I read which lead me to buying the book was pretty poor given the corporate/finance readership of the paper.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Your World Is About to Get a Whole Lot Smaller.