Debbie 's Reviews > Halfway to the Grave

Jan 17, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Recommended to Debbie by: Penney - pifm 10/10
Read in October, 2010

After discovering that she was the product of a rape, which is bad enough, she learns her mother had been raped by a vampire then delivered Catherine Crawfield (Cat) only five months later. Putting a whole new twist on being different, she is half-vampire and half-human. Hatred of the vampires grew in mother and daughter till Cat started hunting them - with her mothers encouragement. Bones was a vampire hunter also, he had his own reasons for hunting them, even though he was a vampire himself. Training Cat (Kitten to him) was beneficial to both of their causes. Keeping their feelings (good and bad) for each other out of their hunting relationship proves to be a tall order, for both of them.

Book 1 ….. This one has been on my tbr (to be read) for a while, not sure why I haven’t grabbed it before now, but so glad I finally did (thanks for the recommendation Penney). At first I was not sure how I felt about Cat and her preconceived, though understandable, prejudices - yes toward the vampires. Then in comes Bones, *sigh* so gentle yet strong (such a contradiction - in a good way) and determined to teach her whether she wants to learn or not. What a combination these two are. I know I will be getting the next one, since this one is left in a cliffhanger, I really have to know what comes next for Cat and Bones in ’One Foot in the Grave’.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halfway to the Grave.

Miss i'm glad you liked this one debbie. it's a wonderful series.

Debbie I agree, I am about to write my review of it. Hard to do without giving spoilers, especially the ending :)

message 3: by KimKirt (new) - added it

KimKirt Good review, I've added this book to my TBR now.

Debbie Thanks, I really want to find the next one.