Kristen "Kirby" 's Reviews > Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice

Thirst No. 1 by Christopher Pike

Jan 17, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: reviews, ya
Recommended to Kristen "Kirby" by: My friend
Recommended for: mature 12-14 year old Pike fans

The Last Vampire- ☆
Wow, was the first book boring! Even the characters were flat and just followed Alisa like puppy dogs.(Boy: You are beautiful. Alisa: Why, yes I am. Come to my house. Boy: Uh, kay. END SCENE.) I agree with others when they said this book wasn't emotional. Alisa went about killing everyone and their grandma, but didn't really care much. Then boyfriend #1 died and I was like, 'kay moving on... I didn't care about the characters really, making me not enjoy the story.

Black Blood ☆☆☆
I liked this one. The characters were still flat, unemotional, but the plot was pretty good. I actually got into it and was finished with the 2nd book before I knew it. (Although the ending was really weird and unbelievable.)

Red Dice ☆☆
Back to being boring. She spends the entire story thinking of ways to crack a fellow vamp out of a government facility that wants to conduct experiments. Throughout I thought of easier approaches than the ones taken. It seemed like Alisa always had to take the hard approach to keep the story "interesting." (Why go invisible and slip into the base? I can sneak in by befriending a scientist. Why force a guard to open the cage with my mind when I can make them all paranoid, and have the general open it himself. and so on..) Didn't like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thirst No. 1.

January 17, 2010 – Shelved
February 14, 2010 – Started Reading
February 15, 2010 –
page 143
24.07% "Liked this guy as a tween and my friend had a copy, so I thought, what the hell. Okay so far."
February 15, 2010 –
page 333
56.06% "There's a big lack of emotion. MC love interest has died twice and I didn't really care. Interesting enough to keep reading though."
February 16, 2010 – Finished Reading
February 17, 2010 –
page 594
100.0% "Yuck."
August 19, 2010 – Shelved as: reviews
December 19, 2010 – Shelved as: ya

Lura (The Life of Serendipity) How do you do those stars next to the books??? Those are cool...

Kristen "Kirby" I forget. You could copy and paste them

Michelle who care if it not emotional...i hate emotional stories i love violence...romance and drama is just to stupid sometime...i can predict stuff when things happen..not fun whatsoever

Selena you arent seeing it from the writers view i think hes saying that life goes and and stuff happens but we caint control it.

Selena yes but if you kept reading you would see that she makes mistake like any other human being. but she really is a nice girl. but thats your opinion. its just all about reading the book. anyway not everyone likes the same thing.

Selena I like the odd little things she does for blood it makes the story more intresting and suspensfull i like that sorta stuff. id give anything for the powers she has

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimber: 600 pages is not enough to see her for who she truly is. This is just my opinion i mean no offense.