Shera (Book Whispers)'s Reviews > The Awakening

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong

Jan 17, 2010

bookshelves: ya-paranormal-uf, werewolves, witches-mages-druids-wizards-other, necromancer, ebook-second, 2009
Read in January, 2010

After reading the first book in this series, The Summoning, and now the second installment, I can confidently say I much prefer Armstrong's young adult series. I've read the first three books of her Women of the Otherworld series and thought they were quite enjoyable. Yet they lacked something for me, and towards the end of each books I found myself getting bored.

I wasn't sure if I would like the main character, Chloe. At time’s it felt like Claire had just rolled off the assembly line of damselsRus. Claire holds her own, though, and it becomes fun watching her grow up. Armstrong has out done herself, Claire's voice has grown stronger even from the last title and she’s actually gotten some back bone. The “director mode” Claire has when she narrates is so fun.

The growing love triangle goes at a pace where you can truly enjoy and care for the love interests. The other characters are too cool, from the good guys to the evil guys. Kelly Armstrong simply rocks. Best part is you’re not required to be a Kelley Armstrong fan to enjoy these books.

5/5- Fabulous, a beautiful obsession!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening.

Shera (Book Whispers) Oh, dear! You're so right. I read a book at the same time that Claire as the main character. Looks like my brain switched them when I reviewed them.

The shame . . .

Shera (Book Whispers) Finally edited it! Almost feels like I need to do a reread so I can write a review that can do justice.

Boba wait till you read the last book , i felt i wanted to reread it directly i loved this story

Shera (Book Whispers) Oh, I already have. It's was so awesome!!