Margaret's Reviews > Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits by Nancy  Fraser

4.5 Flirty Stars!

She’s not the office secretary. He’s not the man that has been hired by her company to play Santa. But mistaken identity doesn’t stop Julia and Cade from agreeing to spend some no-strings, first-name only, steamy days and nights together. When the New Year begins and vacation is over, it is revealed that Julia and Cade will actually be working together – Cade has been retained by Julia’s law firm to consult for them on the case she is working on – and tension heats up. Julia sees Cade’s involvement in her case as a threat to her plans to make partner, and the undeniable attraction the two of them have towards one another must be denied since the law firm has a strict “no fraternization” policy. As Julia and Cade work together and deny the feelings they have towards one another, they quickly learn that they are as good a team in the courtroom as they are in the bedroom, and a choice must be made.

I loved Julia, she was smart and strong, career-minded, and always wanting to make the right decisions, yet she was also highly passionate, especially when it came to Cade.
“I was just trying to decide whose clothes to remove first – yours or mine.”

Cade was everything you would want in a man:
Totally hot….
“Santa was supposed to be a portly, jolly old man with a white beard, not a six-foot-plus hottie with a fit body and a killer smile.”

….a bit of a dirty talker….
“Santa could be a lot of things. Provided, of course, you’ve been a good girl.”

….and totally sweet.
“I’m having second thoughts,” Cade said suddenly, the first words they’d spoken in over an hour.
“About?”
“I’m not sure I can give this up. It’s too perfect.”

This was such a fun read with some heat, lots of sweet, and a great story from beginning to end. Unlike other novellas where the story can feel rushed and incomplete, Nancy Fraser does a great job spending enough time developing the characters and plot to leave you feeling satisfied and happy. A great quick read that left me smiling at the end.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Limits.

January 14, 2014 – Started Reading