Nisha's Reviews > Just the Sexiest Man Alive

Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James

Jan 16, 2010

bookshelves: chick-lit, opposites-attract, rake-player-heroes, starstruck, my-personal-collection, hot-hero-award, kickass-heroine
Read in February, 2010

I thought I outgrew these types of books, but no. This was really good. I loved both the H/H. The hero started off as an arrogant prick but he definitely grew up near the end. The way Jason thinks is hilarious, because for being 38 years old, he's still a kid. The heroine is one smart cookie. I love her, especially during her cross-examinations. The pre-trial thing was so fun to read. Taylor is really tough and holds her ground against Jason quite skillfully. The dynamics between them was very enjoyable, though quite cliche. Somehow, cliche is not always a bad thing.

Super awesome, worth a read and I want to buy this. I read Practice makes Perfect by Julie James and honestly, I liked this one better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just the Sexiest Man Alive.

Quotes Nisha Liked

Julie James
“And you said you’d hate me forever,” Jason teased as he tossed Taylor onto the bed.

She reached impatiently for his belt buckle, yanking him onto the bed with her. “This is angry sex—I actually don’t like you at all.”

“You’re here.”

“I am.”

Jason boldly took in the way she looked.

“I take it you don’t often wear that dress in court.”

“Probably not a good idea.”

He grinned. “Yes, I can imagine it would be somewhat awkward standing before a judge who has a huge hard-on.”

“Is that the effect this dress has?”

Taylor’s eyes traveled downward, to the zipper of Jason’s pants, and he was momentarily caught off guard by her bluntness.

Her eyes sparkled, amused.

“You’re blushing, Jason. That’s cute.”

Julie James
“Seriously, Taylor—do you know who I am?” he demanded.

She smiled at this. “You celebrities actually say that? That’s cute.”

Julie James
“Like a shot from a movie, the morning sun shone brilliantly around him like a god—his dark hair glinted warmly in the light, and his eyes gleamed bluer than the south Pacific Ocean.

Taylor's mind went blank. And suddenly, she couldn't remember why the hell she ever had been angry with Jason Andrews.

But then he spoke.

"Sleeping in this morning, Ms. Donovan?" he drawled.

Moment over.”

Julie James
“She inched closer to him. "I intrigue you?"
"You know you do," he replied boldly, his eyes burning into hers. Wow-things were suddenly heating up fast. He wondered if they would have sex right there on her desk.Somebody better move that stapler.
With a coy look, Taylor stood up to whisper in Jason's ear.
"then I think you're going to find this next part really intriging," she said breathlessly.
He gazed down at her-he like the sound of that-and raised one eybrow expectantly as taylor grinned wickedly and-
Slammed the office door right in his face.
For a moment, Jason could only stand there in the hallway with his nose pressed against the cold wood of her door. After a few seconds, he knocked politely.
Taylor whipped open the door, unamused.
Jason grinned at her. "I just gotta ask: where did you get the whole 'all the cute girls run around naked' thing?”

Julie James
“I'm a big believer in first impressions," he finally said. "Tell me what your first thought was when Jason walked into the courtroom."

Taylor took a sip of her drink and grinned. This one was easy. "I vowed to hate him forever."

Jeremy's brown eyes twinkled at this. "That's exactly what I said nineteen years ago, five minutes after he first walked into our dorm room.”

Julie James
“That wasn't Josh Hartnett; that kid was eighteen years old," Kate said.

I told you, they age slower out here. It's all the fresh California air," Val replied.

Yes, because that's exactly what Los Angeles is known for," Kate said dryly. "Clean air.”

07/04 marked as: read

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Thanks for the rec, Nisha. Sounds like a good old-school kind of contemporary.

Nisha It's old school, but it reads really well. Especially surprising since the guy is a movie star and all. It seems almost teeny-bopper, but you will definitely like it.