KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕'s Reviews > The Heart Knows What the Heart Wants

The Heart Knows What the Heart Wants by Lori L. Clark

Feb 12, 2014

4 Saturn, Pluto and Mars Stars

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

ARC Provided by the author, "Lori L. Clark" in exchange for an honest review (Thank you)

I actually really enjoyed this, but why am I only giving it 4 stars and not 5 the reason behind that is that towards the end I found it a bit too rushed, it's like it all had to be wrapped up within the last 10% of the book..

I've not read anything from this author before, love her style of writing, A refreshing, easy flowing story line that grabbed me from the very first page..

We first meet "Estelle" when she's worried about arriving home late after a shift where she bartended, living with an unstable boyfriend she never knew what to expect when she walked through that door each night..But a drunken Derek was a ticking time bomb ready to go off..And that's what she encountered that night..

After one hit too many she planned and executed her escape..

"No more Estelle Falcone, from this moment forward she'll be Star Lambert."

Changing her name was her assurance of re-inventing herself..

When her car breaks down I'd say that was her saving grace, the stars were aligned right that day..

Loved everything about Shane "Mr Tall, Blond and Gorgeous."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I want to know what love is

I think I connected with this story on an emotional level some aspects it could've been written about me, I was emotionally abused for years, estranged from my family, until one day I got that courage to leave, months down the track I also encountered a much younger man than myself, 6 years to be exact and 17 years later we're still together..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heart Knows What the Heart Wants.

February 12, 2014 – Shelved
February 12, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
February 28, 2014 – Finished Reading

✿kawehi.reviews Aww Kat, now I feel bad about rating it in the okay zone after reading your review. Glad you found your HEA!! <3

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕ I related to this story so it kind of hit home more than it would some..<3

✿kawehi.reviews Kitty Kat - NZ wrote: "I related to this story so it kind of hit home more than it would some..<3"

I'm just happy that despite your hardships you're in a good place in your life with a grear guy! 17 years?! Wah, that's awesome!! :)

Lori Clark Thank you for the review! I'm sorry you had to go through what you did, but good for you for being a survivor!