Julie Decker's Reviews > King of the Dollhouse

King of the Dollhouse by Patricia Clapp

One day Ellie's dollhouse is suddenly occupied by a tiny king and his dozens of even tinier babies! Ellie has to put up with the king's attitude, use her creativity to provide for his family and give them appropriate facilities to use, and handle crises as they come.

As a kid it bothered me that this king and his miniature absent queen apparently had a hundred children that are all the same age. I hope mini-people don't use the same birthing process that big people do! There were also a lot of unexplained things even in the context of the story, but sometimes it was semi-implied that Ellie was using her imagination rather than actually caring for real small people. The off-the-wall silliness and impossibility was enjoyable and cute, with each chapter containing enough of its own story that a young reader could put the book down and not get lost upon starting the next chapter later. I wanted to watch those itty-bitty babies swim around in peanut butter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King of the Dollhouse.

Started Reading