Jackie (Jackie's Book World) 's Reviews > Forever My Valentine

Forever My Valentine by Raine English

1996907

bookshelves: adult-fiction, best-of-2014, contemporary, earc, jackie-s-favorites-shelf, ok-books, romance, secrets, short-story
Recommended for: Romance lovers!

*Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World Blog :)*

Forever My Valentine is a sweet short romance story that would make a great read this Valentine's Day. Although this is a short story, I found myself loving the characters and almost wished the story could have been longer. Raine English did a good job making this story hard to resist, the title was the first thing that drew me in and the synopsis did not disappoint at all.

Due to the shortness of the book, we are immediately taken to the conflict of the story. With a detail description is easy to immediately get the feel of the setting and how the characters ended up the way they are. From the very beginning we are introduced to Miranda Kane, and get the feel of how she is feeling about coming back home after not doing so well in her previous job. When she is given a music box from her mother, she wasn't expecting for it to guide her back to Ian Anders, the love she left behind. Now after being away from each other, she sees him again and sparks fly between them that is hard to resist. But seeing each other again brings old conflicts to be resolved and maybe a compromise to second chance at romance for them both.

Having read this book in one night, I have to say that I absolutely loved Ian's personality. He is charming, and the interaction between him and Miranda had me wanting for more. The writing flowed and it was well put together in the end, although I would have enjoyed it more had there been another chapter in the book to really seal the story. Nevertheless, I recommend this book to anyone that wants something sweet and short to read.

*ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever My Valentine.

February 11, 2014 – Shelved