Anne's Reviews > Sent

Sent by Margaret Peterson Haddix

F 50x66
Jan 15, 2010

Read in January, 2010

The first book of the series was definitely better than this one, and less confusing. I read a few time travel books before, (all with altering the future precautions...and stuff) but this one probably provided more confusion than most.

I liked that it was based on a real historical mystery, but I'm not big on English rule and all, so I wasn't that sure if it was real or not until I looked it up. Tracers were something new, and I liked them. The idea was really neat; I'd rather have them than not, but without them, I think, the book would've had extreme differences, like the ending, for example.

The characters were all right: realistic(somewhat), likable, distinct. I like Chip/Edward's rule/power hungry attitude - I think royalty is like that, not all the of them, of course, but a few. One thing's surprising though: in most books (relating to romance, or is it just the YA-romance books?) you usually see only romance between the main character and someone else, or at least their romance is the first that is evident, so I enjoyed the change.

The book also sets up for the third book in the series...I wonder if Haddix is going to do a book for all the stolen/missing children.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sent.