Sometimes Jasmine's Reviews > Hey Nostradamus!

Hey Nostradamus! by Douglas Coupland

Jan 15, 2010

I'm scaring myself, again. I'm reading Hey Nostradamus!, a book I've had for some time but never read before. As I'm reading it there's something eerily familiar, and I keep thinking of a scene I remember from a Douglas Coupland novel about these two misfits hooking up in a Toys-R-Us. I think it must be from another book, but I don't remember which one.

Then halfway through the book I read the very scene I've been remembering. These strange details I remember are all there. This book has made me cry twice already; I must have come accross it before. But I don't remember it. I examine my copy of the book and it is virginal; it hasn't been read before, the spine is unwearied.

I've passed that chapter and I don't remember anything about what I'm reading now and I'm not in the habit of picking up books halfway through, I won't even read the reviews for fear they'll spoil my reading, and I don't remember ever acquiring this book but here it is and I've read it and forgotten almost everything except a bathetic scene in Toys R Us, probably the least dramatically signfiicant scene so far, but it is and I am and we are and.... what the fuck???

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hey Nostradamus!.