Renske De busschere's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Feb 10, 2014

it was ok
bookshelves: tbr-pile-challenge-2014, paranormal

I heard a lot about this book, so I wanted to read it. I was a little scared though because most of the books that are a huge success are not the best ones. After I finished this one, I am sorry to say, this one also falls into that category.
It was hard to get into the story, because of all of the names, families, etc.Also because you do not know right away, why the two main characters had fled the academy, it is hard to understand why they do the things they do.

I thought the whole mind bonding thing between the two girls was annoying. I mean every time Rose tries to enter Lissa's mind, Lissa is in the middle of something exciting, or is in the middle of something she needs help with. Not one time she enters her mind, while Lissa is doing something boring like reading. It's just not believable.

The whole book just felt a lot like harry potter meets Twilight.The school, forbidden love, vampire feeding problems, psi dogs..... Nothing is new, nothing is original.

I finished the book, because once I got into the story it was easy to read and even though I did not like the main characters I still wanted to know what would happen to them. That was (so sorry) the only good thing about the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

Started Reading