Maja (The Nocturnal Library)'s Reviews > Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc.

Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc. by P.K. Hrezo

I’ll be perfectly honest here and say, not for the first time, that the very idea of time travel confuses the hell out of me. Perhaps I’m not overly bright when it comes to these things, or perhaps the concept is just too complicated… or maybe it’s a little bit of both. From where I’m standing, time travel is nothing to be messed with, so I can’t help but admire authors who tackle it so bravely. Although science is not at the forefront of this book, the little that was offered was both convincing and crystal clear. I understood what was happening and why at all times, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of time travel books I’ve read in the past.

Bianca Butterman, our lovely tour guide, is a girl after my own heart. She is a lot like me, in fact, a workaholic dedicated to a fault. It takes a lot for her to loosen up, and I must say I admired her sense of responsibility. Even when she was changing and adapting, she stayed true to herself.

I was somewhat less fond of Tristan, I’m afraid. He charmed me a bit toward the end, but I still don’t quite see the appeal. I suppose self-entitled poor little rich boys that never once face consequences for their actions simply aren’t attractive to me. Also, as a former addict who keeps falling back into his old patterns, Tristan infuriated me more often than not. Fortunately, my dislike of him didn’t affect my overall enjoyment of this story, and for the most part, I was able to relax and just go with it. I learned that from Bianca.

The little detour that Bianca and Tristan took was the most exciting thing that happened to me in a very, very long time. They ended up in the middle of a huge historical event, something I tried my best to learn everything about while I was growing up. I don’t know how this will resonate with younger readers, I honestly don’t, but those who know their classic rock will be just as thrilled as I was.

Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc is, in all honesty, a surprisingly good book. Based on the reviews I’ve seen so far, most readers agree with me completely. It is charming, different and very well researched, so please make sure to give it a chance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Butterman (Time) Travel, Inc..

February 9, 2014 – Started Reading