Lisa 's Reviews > Writing the Cozy Mystery

Writing the Cozy Mystery by Nancy J. Cohen

bookshelves: a-favorite-author, kindle-bought, on-writing, nonfiction

The title of this book is pretty self-explanatory. The author, who has written many (totally awesome, IMHO) cozy mysteries herself (as well as books in other genres) shares tips for how to write a cozy mystery. Within recent years, I have read several books on writing and have honestly found this to be the most useful and meaningful resource in terms of the actual writing process to me thus far. I really appreciated how Ms. Cohen took some of the intimidation out of the process by sharing many useful tools, tips, and resources. For the first time since owning a Kindle, I found myself highlighting passages in a book. And, they weren't necessarily the instructional "how to" parts, either; instead, they were gems of wisdom that spoke to me. I found the sections regarding character growth to be quite enlightening. I'll definitely be re-reading this book many times over. I've no doubt I'll continue to learn from it. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with us, Ms. Cohen. It is very much appreciated!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Writing the Cozy Mystery.

February 8, 2014 – Started Reading
February 8, 2014 – Shelved
February 8, 2014 – Shelved as: a-favorite-author
February 8, 2014 – Shelved as: kindle-bought
February 8, 2014 – Shelved as: on-writing
February 8, 2014 – Shelved as: nonfiction
February 12, 2014 – Finished Reading
September 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
September 10, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)