Donovan's Reviews > Pillows For Your Prison Cell

Pillows For Your Prison Cell by Mark D. Bullard

Feb 08, 2014

bookshelves: fiction-faith-allegory, fable

This may sound like hyperbole, but this book has changed my life.

I'm not talking about a 180 degree turn or a massive life change, but a small change. An incremental correction and reminder that came at the perfect time for me - during a tough time of transition and growth in my life. A change in course that if it wasn't made right at the beginning could have eventually taken me off course. This is a time in my life where I feel like choices have put me into a prison cell in many ways and I'm determined to get out it and not accept it. Mark's fable about Amir and the choices he made - both good and bad - and the consequences that came with those choices hit me where I needed to be hit and before I followed his steps in accepting a "pillow for my prison cell" or made short term decisions vs long term choices.

This fable is a quick novella that you will read in one sitting. It is impossible to put down, sucks you in and hits you in your heart. I read it on the plane flying from Newark to Orlando and in that time I was able to read the story, journal about what I read and make decisions about the "pillows" I was going to refuse.

I'd highly recommend this book to everyone. It doesn't matter where you are in your life or how big or small the bad choices you've made are - you can always correct them. Depending on the situation it may take time, but the clock is ticking and there is no better time to refuse the "pillow" than today.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pillows For Your Prison Cell.

Started Reading