Nic's Reviews > Personal Secrets

Personal Secrets by K.C. Wells

bookshelves: mm, series, publisher-or-author-provided, zz-amazon-yes

This is the sort of story that I love to curl up in bed with, knowing I'm in for a treat - the story will be sweet, the sex will be hot and the ending will be happy - and Personal Secrets did not disappoint.

For a start, how could you not like Ed? He's big, he plays rugby and he's discovering that he likes - really likes - Colin. I loved Ed and Colin's journey as they discovered how compatible they were sexually but how both were a little unsure of the whole emotional involvement as their relationship headed that way. There is focus on Ed's insecurities as he wonders whether he is 'gay enough' to keep Colin. It was sweet to see how insecure he was about his own attractiveness although Colin obviously thought he was gorgeous.

This is a story of finding out what the heart wants and the challenges to be faced. For Colin, coming out to the rugby team is relatively easy. He doesn't advertise but he doesn't hide who he is. For Ed, the story is very different and I loved to see his coming out journey - coming out to himself, to his team mates, to his closest friends, to his work colleagues, him mum and the rest of his family. It was emotional without being over the top dramatic.

There was some drama that had a slight soap-opera feel, particularly with Blake's new PA but this could be forgiven in the overall scheme of the story. It was wonderful to see appearances of the characters from the previous books, particularly Blake, Will and their little baby.

This was warm and sexy and a nice end to the series.

I publish all my m/m reviews on my blog so if you want to see all my m/m reviews in one place come visit at Because Two Men Are Better Than One!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Personal Secrets.

February 6, 2014 – Shelved