Sandy Nawrot's Reviews > Every Day

Every Day by David Levithan

Feb 05, 2014

bookshelves: audio

It's funny how you stumble across books that ultimately blow your mind. This one had been on my radar for awhile. In fact, I was secretly hoping that my book club would pick it and force my hand. A friend's review, and it's availability on audio at the library, eventually tipped the scales. What an INCREDIBLE book. You definitely need to read the synopsis for the details on this one. It is one of the most clever premises I've encountered in awhile. It is sweet, heart-breaking and thought-provoking in ways that makes this a perfect book club selection. It touches on the human need for attachment and routine, it touches on the role of parents in a teenager's life. But I think the biggest seed it has planted in my mind is gender, physical features and love that surpasses those obstacles. I'm going to be thinking about this one for a very long time.

The narrator for this one was a female, which also stirred up my feelings because hearing the voice of A as a girl had to have affected my perspective (I'm just not sure how yet). The narrator, Alex McKenna, was a delight though. She sounded 16, and I loved her portrayal of Rhiannon. She made the listening experience one that I didn't want to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Day.

February 5, 2014 – Started Reading