Joseph's Reviews > Blast of the Dragon's Fury

Blast of the Dragon's Fury by L.R.W. Lee

Blast of the Dragon's Fury is a middle grade fantasy book about Andy Smithson and his adventures. Andy is a 10 year old kid with busy parents. He struggles to pay attention in school and seems to get into trouble a lot. One day he is taken to a strange land that has been cursed and is told he must be the one to break it.

For its target audience (middle grade) this was a good book. For one thing, there were dragons, and I love me some dragons. There were some inconsistencies that I noticed, but I don't know if a kid reading the book would notice them. I thought that it was strange that Andy never seemed to miss home or wonder about what his parents were doing. I was also rubbed a bit the wrong way that one of the scenes was taken directly from the bible with the books character's standing in for the bible characters. Despite these problems, the book was a fun adventure that is aimed to teach kids lessons about honesty and integrity. Kids will enjoy this book if they like fantasy and dragons. I think that this would be a good book to read to your children to help get them into reading. There are good things to discuss and lessons that you can help them see.

Oh, and I suppose that I'm supposed to say that the author gave me a copy and asked me to write a review. Therefore this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blast of the Dragon's Fury.

February 5, 2014 – Started Reading