Jo's Reviews > Knight Assassin

Knight Assassin by Rima Jean

bookshelves: ebook, kindle, ya-historical, ya-fantasy

When I started reading this, I immediately thought of all the other assassin books that seem to be flooding the market lately. Even though this book features an assassin girl bent on revenge, this was a delightful and unique book. I really loved Zayn and found she was a strong character, but able to think for herself. She does not just blindly follow what people tell her, but reason for herself how a situation should be. I loved that she allowed herself to be vulnerable with several characters even though she had been horribly used.

The backdrop of Syria and the Holy Land was expertly woven into the story. I felt that the plot was really enhanced by the setting. I love historical pieces, but add in supernatural powers and assassins, and I think it's twenty times the fun. I cannot wait for the next book as the setting is a particular favorite of mine, and I would love to see Zayn in that setting.

This was a great read that was engaging and exciting. If you aren't familiar with the Crusades, Saladin or the Knights Templar, a quick trip to an encyclopedia would be a good start. This book assumes that you know a little bit about that time period.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knight Assassin.

February 4, 2014 – Shelved