Aimee (Getting Your Read On)'s Reviews > Porcelain Keys

Porcelain Keys by Sarah Beard

1934633
Feb 12, 14

Read from February 04 to 11, 2014

Porcelain Keys was such a pleasure to read. It wasn't quite what I was expecting going into it but don't ask me what I was expecting because I don't really know. ha. Actually, I think I was expecting the usual YA book but what I got was something deeper and more substantial. This was a tender and emotional story of a girl trying to escape the hurt to find hope, healing and love.

I loved the music aspect of this book. Music has always been a part of my world and my emotions. Music has the power to sway your emotions and take you to faraway places. Aria has a gift within her for music. She feels the pull to play and when she does, her emotions feed into the music and make it come alive.

Aria is a character you will feel connected to. She is both vulnerable and strong. Her tragedies will have you wishing for a happily ever after ending. There was real depth to Aria and to this whole story. She has to fight her way out of the darkness that threatens to consume her. There is something admirable in that.

I walked away from this book feeling satisfied and happy. Aria's story stayed in my mind well after I had read it. I love when that happens.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Porcelain Keys.

02/04/2014 marked as: currently-reading