Dan Porter's Reviews > The 120 Days of Sodom

The 120 Days of Sodom by Marquis de Sade

Jan 10, 2010

it was ok
Read in April, 2010

Obsession, kidnapping, rape, torture, murder, and sexual acts you've probably never dreamed of. Reading this is akin to binge watching every season of Criminal Minds. Without the BAU team or the investigations. Just the crimes. One after the other after the other after the other......

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 120 Days of Sodom.

04/03/2016 marked as: read
08/07/2016 marked as: transgressive
08/11/2016 marked as: read
09/04/2016 marked as: classics-project
09/04/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Harford I started to want to read it after i read "justine" but then i put it back on the shelf. let me know if it's worth reading.

message 2: by Dan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dan Porter Got through the introduction - which actually introduces the characters and setting of the story in great detail - and I can already tell that the sexual/perversion aspects of this one will be much more "in your face" than those in Justine. Not sure yet if this will contain as much of Sade's philosophy as Justine did.

message 3: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Interesting choice. Can't wait to see what you think of it. I think I'd like to try this one day.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I hope you write a review of this.

message 5: by Dan (new) - rated it 2 stars

Dan Porter Finished last night. I'll write a review but need a couple of days distance from it before I do.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I'm looking forward to it.

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky Well, you're already far more generous with this than I was. 2 star!
I'd have given it negative stars if I could. Although, my edition was close to 800 pgs (there were other writings included), and even skimming and skipping, it still made me nauseous. Gak!