J-Lynn's Reviews > Supernatural: The Official Companion Season 1

Oct 30, 2007

bookshelves: non-fiction, horror-supernatural
Recommended for: Fans of the CW show Supernatural
Read in November, 2007

I bought this book half off at a conference and thought it would be a fun read, something I could pick up and read every once in a while. Well, once I got started, I finished it in the same day. I thought it was the perfect mix of behind the scenes information about each episode and the true lore behind the Urban Legends featured on the show.

The author divides the book by episode and has interviewed obvious people like Kripke and Singer, but also the composers, location scouts, makeup artists, special effects team, wardrobe, and more. The collection of voices really paints a clear picture of the amount of thought and care that goes into creating each episode. I also found it interesting to hear which of the episodes were the crews' favorites and why. The one thing I wanted more of was quotes from Jensen and Jared--I always want to understand the motivation behind the characters.

But, I have to admit, the book fed my burgeoning obsession with the show. I will have to invest in the Season 2 Companion.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Supernatural.

01/25 marked as: read