R.E. Hargrave's Reviews > Beatless

Beatless by Amber L.  Johnson

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven" ~Ecclesiastes 3:1
I purchased a print copy of Beatless over a year ago, when it was a new release, but had not gotten around to reading yet for one reason or another. Fate, kismet, whatever, had me picking up my copy last weekend. I won't bog this review down with my personal issues, but after reading Beatless, I have to say I was meant to wait until now to do so. So many moments in the story resonated with me and at a time in my life when I was starting to feel like maybe my world was falling apart, Ms. Johnson's words reminded me to have hope.
To believe in the power of love . . . and in my own inner strength. If I ever get the chance to meet you, Amber, I'm hugging the breath out of you. Thank you. Your book saved my sanity, saved me.
Mallory's story is told with such raw emotion. I've said it before when reviewing Ms. Johnson's works, she knows how to reel her readers in and take them on one hell of an emotional roller coaster. All of her books that I've read so far have been excellent, but I think I can say Beatless is by far my favorite, and I'd love to see it on the big screen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beatless.