Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > Fool's Assassin

Fool's Assassin by Robin Hobb
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
1379514
's review

it was amazing
bookshelves: read-2014

I have had two life-altering experience when it comes to fantasy, first reading David Eddings The Belgariad as a teenager and then reading Robin Hobb The Farseer trilogy in my early twenties. They made me love fantasy. So it was with a great pleasure to finally be able to read the first book in The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy.

In this book Fitz is living a happy life with Molly, raising her sons, living a peaceful life in the country. But when a messenger disappears, everything changes, although he doesn’t know it yet, it will take some time before he realizes that. And that’s how much of the plot I’m going to reveal. The rest is up to you to find out!

Robin Hobb has written a fabulous book, a worthy follow-up The Tawny Man trilogy and I loved every page, every chapter was a truly joyous experience, it’s a book you read until your eyes can’t take in anything more and you have to sleep so you can continue reading the next day. It’s well written and intriguing to read and it’s never boring, even though there isn’t much action in the book. I was pulled into the story and the only thing that I didn’t like was reading the last chapter and knowing that it will be a while before the next book.
28 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool's Assassin.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

February 2, 2014 – Shelved
February 2, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
February 9, 2014 – Shelved as: want-to-read-2014
April 28, 2014 – Started Reading
April 28, 2014 –
5.0% "Deliriously happy!!!"
April 28, 2014 –
25.0% "Bloody awesome, I would probably have read all through the night if I not had needed my sleep!"
April 29, 2014 –
40.0% "I don't want the book to end! It's so incredibly fantastic good that it will be hard to read something else after it..."
April 30, 2014 –
87.0% "It's such a joy to read this book and such sadness that it's soon is over..."
May 1, 2014 – Shelved as: read-2014
May 8, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Damian Dubois Sounds like something for me to look forward to. But then again, Robin Hobb has never let me down so far :)


Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede You will love the book! She's a marvelous author, and I'm so happy that she decieded to write some more books with Fitz and the Fool!


Pupu830 I'm so jealous, I'd love to be able to read the book right now. I'm so glad that Fitz and the fool are back again.


Marvin Wow, surprisingly enough the beginning of this review sounds like something I could've written. The Belgariad was my introduction to fantasy, as a teen and as such it can do no wrong in my eyes. And when Hobb is at her best(Tawny Man), I think she produces the best of what fantasy writing is. I'm so excited to read Fool's Assassin!


message 5: by Jasmine (new) - added it

Jasmine I've never really been that into fantasy, I've always fallen more on the sci-fi side of things. The sheer volume of types of fantasy out there has always seemed overwhelming, but this sounds like something I'd be interested in. Thanks!


Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Marvin wrote: "Wow, surprisingly enough the beginning of this review sounds like something I could've written. The Belgariad was my introduction to fantasy, as a teen and as such it can do no wrong in my eyes. An..."

Ha, imagine! I feel exacatly the same when it comes to The Belgariad! :)


Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Jasmine wrote: "I've never really been that into fantasy, I've always fallen more on the sci-fi side of things. The sheer volume of types of fantasy out there has always seemed overwhelming, but this sounds like s..."

I actually don't read much fantasy nowaday, perhaps I'm a bit picky. But if I should recommend a fantasy author to anyone I would pick Robin Hobb because of her talent of writing books that really pulls you into the story.


message 8: by Jasmine (new) - added it

Jasmine Magdalena wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "I've never really been that into fantasy, I've always fallen more on the sci-fi side of things. The sheer volume of types of fantasy out there has always seemed overwhelming, but th..."

She's definitely on my radar and on my list now. Thank you.


Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Jasmine wrote: "Magdalena wrote: "Jasmine wrote: "I've never really been that into fantasy, I've always fallen more on the sci-fi side of things. The sheer volume of types of fantasy out there has always seemed ov..."

You're welcome! :)


message 10: by Shari (new)

Shari  Mulluane I can't count how many times I've replaced both my The Belgariad and my Farseer books. I think this time I'll start off by simply buying 2 copies.
:>)


Pupu830 Oh please tell me the Fool comes back to find Fitz


message 12: by Elena (new) - added it

Elena Yes!! I also started with Belgariad and then moved on to the books by Hobb. This is so exciting!


Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Shari wrote: "I can't count how many times I've replaced both my The Belgariad and my Farseer books. I think this time I'll start off by simply buying 2 copies.
:>)"


Hahaha yeah I bought Belgaried in hardcovers, but I can't get rid of my paperback versions. They hold so much memories! :)


Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Pupu830 wrote: "Oh please tell me the Fool comes back to find Fitz"

Just read the book and find out...;)


Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede Elena wrote: "Yes!! I also started with Belgariad and then moved on to the books by Hobb. This is so exciting!"

Yes, now I just want to read the next book!


message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I started with the belgariad & mallorean too- amazing! Really great fantasy.


message 17: by David (new) - added it

David Say, Could I enjoy this book without having read the previous novels?


Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede David wrote: "Say, Could I enjoy this book without having read the previous novels?"

Hmm I would say that there are a lot of knowledge of past history that you will lack, but then again Hobb writes so good that one if swiftly pulled into the story. But this is a trilogy, with old characters so yes you could start this one I think since it's a "new adventure". But I would recommend reading the Farseer Trilogy first. Or some day...;)


back to top