Rebecca's Reviews > Wish You Were Dead

Wish You Were Dead by Todd Strasser

Jan 09, 2010

Read in January, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Riviting YA story about a serial killer hunting popular teens at the Soundview High School. Madison, a wealthy but socially inept girl, is the center of the story. She knows all of the kids who've disappeared and is the focus of people who know more than they'd like to tell the police. A few well-placed notes and anoyomous emails send her Scooby Dooing to find the missing kids. (Kind of stupidly too. I mean, the characters are constantly texting each other but she goes walking off to an isolated place where she suspects the killer is hiding but doesn't bother to call anyone first. It was an irritating oversight on the author's part)

I liked this book a lot but it was extremely dark. Two of the characters die horrible deaths and several others are tortured by an out of control, multiple personality freak. I like a good horror novel as the next person but this book went a little to eagerly into the dark side for my taste even if it was well-written.

I hope it's targeted to older teens and not younger adolescents who would probably never chance going to a party after reading this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish You Were Dead.