Buggy's Reviews > Take No Prisoners

Take No Prisoners by Cindy Gerard

Jan 09, 2010

bookshelves: shelf-10, rom-susp, cowboy-up, men-in-uniform-af-spc-op, jungle-fever

Opening Line: 'A gecko, low slung, forked feet flying, skittered across the sill of an open window, hauling ass as if it actually had somewhere to go."

I'm loving this series! TAKE NO PRISONERS is another WOW read from Cindy Gerard’s fantastic Black-Ops BOI’s. This cleverly written story starts off with a bang and just keeps on going. Filled with action and suspense a-plenty Gerard whisks the reader to exotic locations filled with car chases, shootouts and several wicked bad guys all trying to out smart each other over a damn big diamond. Somehow our couple still manages to get in some passionate yet tender love scenes and with a whole team of interesting secondary characters this is everything you want in romantic suspense.

Ever since her divorce and a few subsequent bad dates Abbie Hughes no longer trusts men, besides between going to school, worrying about her wayward younger brother and working nights as a Vegas blackjack dealer who has the time? Her one vice would have to be her wild girlfriend Crystal but even she can’t persuade Abbie to let loose. All that changes the night Sam Lang sits down at one of her tables, On the outside he appears to be a shy rancher who just happens to look mighty fine in a pair of Wranglers but Sam Lang is much more.

Sam, a recently retired member of Black-Ops Inc is on a vengeful quest to find the international crime lord who murdered his sister. His leads have brought him to Abbie and her brother Cory who he suspects are involved in a lucrative gem smuggling business and working with Nader, the man responsible. To find Nader Sam is going to have to use Abbie however the more he gets to know her the less convinced he is that she’s involved and the harder its getting to fight the growing attraction between them. When Cory goes missing in Honduras Sam and Abbie are forced to work together to locate him and on Sam’s end obtain his ultimate goal, revenge. Together with the entire Black-Ops team they head into the Honduran backcountry using Abbie as the bait and with Sam now willing to lay down his life to protect her revenge may just have to wait.

I will admit that I didn’t fall for our hero Sam nearly as hard as I did for Gabe from book #1 Show No Mercy however as a whole this story is much tighter and could easily be read as a stand alone. I should also mention how much I’m loving the ending chapters in this series, Gerard doesn’t just tie the story together into a neat little happily-ever-after, she leaves you hanging until the very last minute then follows through providing us with a glimpse of our couples future and I love that. Here we also get an update on my boyfriend Gabe from the last book (he’s doing fine now thanks)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take No Prisoners.

Quotes Buggy Liked

Cindy Gerard
“She'd given it two good years. The problem was, Don had only given it one.”

Cindy Gerard
“He knew he wasn't going anywhere that didn't take him to her.”

Cindy Gerard
“Be careful in the company of monsters that you don't become one.”

Cindy Gerard
“Damn" Johnny muttered watching her go. "It might not be love, but it sure is fun.”

January 9, 2010 – Shelved
February 6, 2010 – Shelved as: rom-susp
April 24, 2010 – Shelved as: cowboy-up
July 23, 2010 – Shelved as: men-in-uniform-af-spc-op
August 31, 2013 – Shelved as: jungle-fever

Melissa I'm reading this one now and I'm lovin' it! OH and I really really loved Gabe in Show No Mercy. I can't wait to read Johnny's story he had me from the first book.

message 2: by Buggy (last edited Oct 17, 2010 11:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Buggy This is a fantastic series, Johnnys book would have to be my second fav from it. His romance is sweet, he tries so hard not to fall in love. And Gabe, oh don't get me started. I fell a little bit in love with him especially after his sacrifice and what happened to him in the end of his book.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Another great review, UMBugsy!

Buggy Hey thanks Unique super D!

I'm re-reading this series, damn its good.

Cindi I loved Johnny *drool* ...but Sam's no slacker. CG is just the best, wish she'd write more and faster :)

Buggy I couldn't agree more Cindi.

I'm reading With No Remorse(Doc's story)right now and its awesome!