Cogito_ergo_sum's Reviews > Squeeze Play

Squeeze Play by Kate Angell

did not like it

Didn't like the story. 1.5 stars. Sorry.

I just didn't connect with either of the main characters. Furthermore, half this story was kind of mixed up with the love lives of 2 side characters. Just whose story is being told here?

I didn't like the main female character because she didn't feel authentic. The quirkiness of re-dying your hair almost daily just felt like the author was trying too hard to make her seem unique, and interesting. To me it felt false.

The next character that put me off was the woman who got off on sex in public places--the lure of being discovered. She also came off as a crazy psycho. I want to read about interesting characters, not weirdos I'd move to another city to avoid.

We already know that the two main characters are in love with each other thanks to the blurb. The pacing was really slow because it took so long (until the end of the book) for them to admit it to each other and run off into the metaphorical sunset.

I think the plot would have been more interesting if what kept them apart was something to do with their personalities, and not due to some misunderstanding created for fear of rejection. I think that if the misunderstanding was cleared let's say 50 pages in, and then some other reason their relationship isn't working to be resolved the rest of the book.

Sadly, it didn't work out that way. This book isn't for me. I'm happy for those readers who were satisfied with this story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Squeeze Play.

Started Reading