Keysha's Reviews > Angel Star

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

Jan 08, 2010

bookshelves: in-my-bookshelf, read-in-2010
Recommended to Keysha by: Michelle Flores

Angel Star is a great book, from a debut author who managed to create a refreshing, captivating and compelling story about angels.
When I finish reading the Angel Star I asked myself:

Did you like this book?
My answer: Of course I loved it.
My second question was

Why you loved it?
My answer: Aside from the love story, my stronger reason is because is different of any book is out there, it doesn't focus only in the relationship of the main characters but in the on going war between good and evil and in very interesting way.
Jennifer Murgia has not only managed to write a beautiful story about love but also she manages to combine that already existent war between good and evil and what shock me a little more it was the fact the one who is stirring up this war is a divine entity with very obscure motives.

At first I must confess the pace was slow at firt but I felt it was necessary since you must be introduce to Teagan's world but after chapter 12 everything blows up in your face, she must face a destiny that she didn't even know she had to and make decisions that could alter not only her existence but also of her loved ones. I liked her character a lot because she wasn't the "perfect girl" but also she wasn't also the "I'm badass girl" she was in the between, a perfectly normal girl with curtains insecurities yes but with a very nicest qualities and who was happy with who she was.

Another factor that make me like this book so much is that the good vs. evil plot is very well thought, Garreth representing the light and Hadrian representing the evil and what intrigue me more it was the fact that even though Teagan was walking along the path of Garreth there were moments she got a glimpses of what Hadrian could offered her and the fact that she contemplate the idea of accepting him, it just a reminder for me that there's always a dark side in all of us and you have to make the choice of either embracing the dark side or simply doing what's right.

The only thing that I wasn't 100% convinced lets say I was like 90%, it was Teagan’s and Garreth relationship but it seemed a little bit rushed and I’m sucker for well developed relationship and the fact that Hadrian got me all curious I guess I found more depth into Hadrian character than Garreth but I’m looking forward to see how their relationship develops in Lemniscate. And like you said, how no to be seduced by Hadrian? Wow, I'm also a sucker for the bad guy and I wanted to know more about him and when i found who was his twin brother I was like WHAT? and the fact that what he's doing would cause him a great deal of trouble with his brother and to know there's even something meaner and sinister than can happens makes the reading even more exciting.

So my final verdict about this book that aside that is awesome is that is different but a different in a good way because there nothing out there which is similar and yet is a very compeling reading, eventhough I wish there would be a few pages more but I guess I would have to wait until Lemniscate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Star.

January 8, 2010 – Shelved
June 1, 2010 – Started Reading
June 1, 2010 –
page 57
June 1, 2010 –
page 57
22.71% "So far I'm very intrigue... so far I'm liking Teagan for some reason she reminds me of myself.... this is good because is the first time I read a character alike me..."
June 12, 2010 –