Paula Kalin's Reviews > The Rosie Project

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

I loved this romantic comedy and it's main character, Don Tillman, a socially inept genetics professor. Deciding he would like a wife he devises a questionnaire for his "wife project". He filters out all the unsuitable candidates through an extensive list of questions. Just hilarious. His best and only friend, Gene, another professor, sends Rosie his way although unbeknown to Don is totally unsuitable according to his criteria. There friendship starts a wonderful and charming set of events.

I listened to the audiobook and loved the narrator. He sounded in every way the undiagnosed Aspie who is wired differently than those of us not On the Spectrum. Don is very smart, socially awkward, relentless in his scheduling every moment of his day, and totally loyal.

One of my favorite scenes was when Rosie and Don were bartending. Don memorized a bartenders guide and could quote any drink with its entire ingredients to his customers. Quite funny and amusing.

I thank all of my GR friends who rated this book so high. I never would have read this otherwise. People must have thought me strange as I'm driving to Maine for a family visit and having so much fun laughing while listening to The Rosie Project.

Highly recommend for everyone, whether you like romantic comedy or not.
A big 5 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rosie Project.

January 30, 2014 – Shelved as: published-2013
September 17, 2016 – Finished Reading
November 12, 2016 – Shelved as: favorite-books
November 12, 2016 – Shelved as: series
November 12, 2016 – Shelved as: on-the-spectrum

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary A lovely heartwarming review! So glad you liked it.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol I'm happy to see those 5 stars for an audio of this novel. I have it downloaded. Nice review!

Paula Kalin Mary wrote: "A lovely heartwarming review! So glad you liked it."

Thank you, Mary. It's a wonderful thing to listen to a book and get so much pleasure from it!

Paula Kalin Carol wrote: "I'm happy to see those 5 stars for an audio of this novel. I have it downloaded. Nice review!"

Thank you, Carol. You will love it. The narrator fits the part to a tee!

RedemptionDenied Excellent review!!

Paula Kalin RedemptionDenied wrote: "Excellent review!!"

Thank you so much!

Ange H I loved this one, too - great review!!

Paula Kalin Ange H wrote: "I loved this one, too - great review!!"

Thanks so much, Ange!

JV (semi-hiatus) A lovely and fabulous write-up, Paula! Will definitely pick up the audiobook version 😊

Paula Kalin JV wrote: "A lovely and fabulous write-up, Paula! Will definitely pick up the audiobook version 😊"

Thanks, JV! Look forward to seeing your review.

message 11: by Fran (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fran Great review, Paula!

message 12: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Nice review, Paula!

Paula Kalin Fran wrote: "Great review, Paula!"

Thank you, Fran!

Paula Kalin Tammy wrote: "Nice review, Paula!"

Thanks, Tammy!