Diana's Reviews > Besotted

Besotted by Georgia Le Carre

11973536

liked it
bookshelves: millionaire-billionaire, mob-mafia-secret-society, sequels-trilogies-series

This 3 Star rating in no way reflects the way I feel about this series. This rating is only for this book alone. The quality of writing was there, but the already short book ended at 78%. I don't feel like this should have been a separate book. It should have either been part of book 2 or combined with book 3.

This book was very anticlimactic. There was little to no drama. No bizarre twists or turns. Just a few run ins with Marcus and a couple of manipulative scenes from Victoria's POV. This book in no way lived up to what we have been primed to expect after reading the first two books. I'm not even sure how to give a summary because it felt more like a continuation than a separate book. Questions were still unanswered, and the book's description was not quite an accurate teaser for what we were going to learn from this particular book.

Some observations: (very minor spoilers)

Blake knew that Victoria paid Lana off and THAT is his reaction? Lana suffered way more than that when he thought she was to blame for running off the way she did. The way this tidbit was revealed was so glossed over I had to read it again to make sure I had read correctly the first time. After all the suffering he went through in Lana's absence, he barely reacts to Victoria. In fact, he feels sorry for her, that she is spoiled and that her feelings are hurt by him reneging on their engagement.

The fourth book is going to be told through Lana's old friend Julie's perspective. WTF??? By the way, you may be asking, who is Julie? Good question. No freakin clue. I had to read another review to learn that Julie was apparently mentioned in one of the other books as a childhood friend of Lana's who used to have a crush on Jack. Apparently she has a love/hate relationship with Lana, and apparently this history is enough for Lana to make her a bridesmaid in her wedding. (Or so I've heard from reading the teasers for Seduce Me). This could lead to some interesting stuff in book 4. However, ask me at this moment how much I care.

I want to know more about Marcus and Victoria. What are each's respective plans? I want to know what happens when Lana meets Blake's family. I want to know why Quinn is the only person Lana should trust in Blake's absence. I want to know about the brotherhood. I just don't care about Julie. I don't want Blake and Lana's continuation to be told through the observations and memories of some random. Now, maybe if Blake and Lana's story finished in book 4 and somehow during that story we were introduced to Julie and she somehow became relevant, that would be one thing. Then maybe I would have interest in how Julie finds happiness. I have a feeling that there is going to be some link that ties this whole thing together. Perhaps Julie messed around with Blake while Lana was away for a year out of jealously and revenge for Jack loving Lana. That could bring some excitement, but I still don't know that I want to experience the ending of Blake and Lana's story through any other POV other than theirs.

In all fairness, I haven't read book 4 and I don't think Georgia Le Carre would leave us hanging or, hopefully not, leave us disappointed. My love of The Billionaire Banker and Forty 2 Days makes me want to give her more credit than that. I sincerely hope that my review of Seduce Me will say something like, "Unbelievable. Brilliant. That was soooo unexpected." Mark my words, if I feel that way, I will let you know. However, I need to read the book first. Which I have been trying to do since it was supposed to be released today. I've searched for it everywhere and have come up with nothing. So, until then.....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Besotted.

January 28, 2014 – Shelved
January 28, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
January 28, 2014 – Shelved as: millionaire-billionaire
Started Reading
May 14, 2014 – Finished Reading
May 15, 2014 – Shelved as: mob-mafia-secret-society
May 15, 2014 – Shelved as: sequels-trilogies-series

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

JBird831 I couldn't agree more with your review! Very well written!