Linda's Reviews > Year of the Tiger

Year of the Tiger by David         Miller

bookshelves: read-and-recommended

I have never read anything pertaining to this subject matter about Singapore or it's history.  I do tend to like to learn about new places and things and I found that there is a great deal I didn't know about this region and is history.

This is a fictional novel but it is based on facts such as the rumors of treasure hidden by the Japanese army during the war and the myriad of tunnels under this lovely city. Some built by the British and some built by the Japanese during WWII. The author, Mr Miller, is very knowledgeable about these subjects and it enhances the readers experience.  The story also delves into the frightening world of biological warfare and this is a very current issue we all are concerned about.

This novel makes me want to learn more and I will do so.  First, by following this book up with it's sequel,  Advent.  I cannot wait.
Thank You David for such an enjoyable read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Year of the Tiger.

Started Reading
December 15, 2013 – Finished Reading
January 28, 2014 – Shelved
November 2, 2014 – Shelved as: read-and-recommended

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Linda I just finished reading Year of the Tiger and I must say that I loved it.  It is a fairly quick read and a thoroughly enjoyable one.

Thank You David for such an enjoyable read.