SueBee★bring me an alpha!★'s Reviews > Besotted

Besotted by Georgia Le Carre

photo LeCarreTheBillionaireBanker3TitlebySueBee_zps0b446e28.jpg
 photo besottedstoryxBbysb_zps544755a0.gif
★★★★★! Besotted, book 3 of 5. The continuation of aloof Billionaire Blake Barrington & Lana’s story dealing with their pasts, present & future!

“You will never know how lonely I was without you, but you have to understand that I am only strong when I am certain you are safe. And you are only safe when you are innocent. You can never come to me. Always I will make the journey to you.”

Books in series should be read in order:
Book 1: The Billionaire Banker - Blake & Lana
Book 2: Forty 2 Days - Blake & Lana
Part 2.1: Exposed - Blake & Lana
Book 3: Besotted - Blake & Lana
Book 4: Seduce Me - Julie’s story
Book 5: Love’s Sacrifice - Blake & Lana

Thanks to my girl Shannon for a fun filled day of buddy-reading! xoxo (Her Review)

In The Billionaire Banker (book 1) Lana Bloom met banker Blake Law Barrington, from one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the world. She had gone to dinner with her boss in hopes of selling her virginity to pay for her mom’s cancer treatment. Blake intercepted and ended up paying double to have her as his mistress for three months.

Forty 2 Days (book 2) is the continuation of their story. Lana has 42 days left as Blake’s mistress. Through a series of unfortunate events mainly vindictive villains and powerful people in secret societies they had been separated for one year and they were forced to deal with the aftermath of hurt, distrust, betrayal and more.

Besotted (book 3) is follows Blake and Lana in the aftermath of the shockers in book 2. They have come a long way, but with decisions made and actions taken there are consequences they now must deal with. Blake is in control both literary and figuratively and we get to enjoy him at his best while he deals with his past, present and future. Lana has done a lot of growing up in this series and in book 3 her life comes full circle. A journey not to be missed!

“You are not coming.” His voice is suddenly hard.
I step away from him. “Why not?”
“Because you never take your beloved gerbil to a viper’s den.”

photo BesottedHxBbysb_zps9e3b9fcf.gif

Blake Law Barrington is my kind of a hero, the larger-than-life kind! His family name has afforded him respect, success and wealth beyond belief but also caused him to be jaded, ruthless and aloof. Yet with Lana we get to a softer side He is going on my top-10 hero shelf!

Seven words to describe Blake: Ruthless, in-control, enigmatic, elusive, self-assured, reflective and captivating.

“But he has an even better idea.
“Come sit on my cock,” he commands.”

photo BesottedhexBbysb_zps7cbe8b4a.gif

Seven words to describe Lana Bloom: Unassuming, endearing, smart, caring, vulnerable, charismatic and interesting.

Besotted (book 3) is an epilogue of sorts and the final installment of Blake and Lana’s story. However book 4, Seduce Me - Julie’s story (told from her POV) covers important events in Blake and Lana’s life that will be a special treat for all Blake fans.

Larger-than-life and top-10 hero shelf Blake Law Barrington! Enticing plot! Brilliant story-telling! And a compelling heroine to hold her own against Blake! I love this series!

“Do you own this?”
“It’s registered to the bank of Utah.”
“But really it’s yours?”
He shrugs. “Own nothing control everything.”

***
Story ending rating: 5 stars
Book editing rating (5 = no edits spotted): 4.5 stars
************************************************
Overall rating: 5 stars

Would I recommend this series: Yes.
Would I re-read this series: Yes.
Would I read future books by this author: Yes.

photo maskReBWxBbysb_zps5ce2ddd3.gif

ARC provided to me by author, Georgia Le Carre in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Besotted.

Quotes SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Liked

Georgia Le Carre
“You are not coming.” His voice is suddenly hard.
I step away from him. “Why not?”
“Because you never take your beloved gerbil to a viper’s den.”

Georgia Le Carre
“But he has an even better idea.
“Come sit on my cock,” he commands.”

“Do you own this?”
“It’s registered to the bank of Utah.”
“But really it’s yours?”
He shrugs. “Own nothing control everything.”

January 27, 2014 – Shelved
May 11, 2014 – Shelved as: reviews-written-all
May 11, 2014 – Shelved as: arc
May 11, 2014 – Shelved as: series-cr-complete-sets
May 11, 2014 –
0.0% "Yay got my ARC! BR-ing with my girl Shannon! Woohoo Blake here we I come! [pushes Shannon out of the way & beams at Blake]\n \n "
May 11, 2014 –
11.0% "Yum, ruthless & in charge Blake is back [swoons]\n “You have to understand that I am only strong when I am certain you are safe. And you are only safe when you are innocent. You can never come to me. Always I will make the journey to you.”\n "
May 12, 2014 –
100.0% " Perfection! Butterflies-in-my-belly good! Blake is going on my top-10 hero shelf! Book 3 is technically the end of Blake & Lana, though they appear lots in book 4 (From Julie’s POV)! \n "
May 12, 2014 – Shelved as: 5-stars
May 12, 2014 – Finished Reading
May 13, 2014 – Shelved as: heroes-top-100
November 13, 2014 – Shelved as: heroines-fave
January 8, 2015 – Shelved as: review-quick

Comments Showing 1-50 of 173 (173 new)

Simona Misevska i'm so excited about this one,can t wait,i need my Blake fix,definitely one of my favorite series..

message 2: by Patrycja (new)

Patrycja Awesome gif, Sue. I love it.

message 3: by Eliza (new) - added it

Eliza That's brilliant. I've been known to stalk the authors Facebook page.xo

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Simona wrote: "i'm so excited about this one,can t wait,i need my Blake fix,definitely one of my favorite series.."

Me too, just a little longer.. Hang tight Simona. LOL! = ))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Patrycja wrote: "Awesome gif, Sue. I love it."

Thanks Patrycja! = )))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Elizabeth wrote: "That's brilliant. I've been known to stalk the authors Facebook page.xo"

LOL! At least you own it... ; ) Hang tight Elizabeth, just 2 more weeks.

message 7: by Didi (new)

Didi Lovely preview SueBee! Bet you can't wait :-)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Didi wrote: "Lovely preview SueBee! Bet you can't wait :-)"

Thanks Didi! It's the conclusion so long overdue, he he.

message 9: by Didi (new)

Didi But coming close! ;-))

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Yes, just 2 more weeks = ))

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ Looks fabulous darling!! Can't wait!! Squee!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Shannon ❤️Mrs Jake Spears❤️ wrote: "Looks fabulous darling!! Can't wait!! Squee!!"

SQUEEEEEEE! Thanks Shannon. We are going to have so much fun! = 00

message 13: by Jessi (new) - added it

Jessi Yay! I can't wait for this one, I have enjoyed the series so far :)

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Shannon ❤️Mrs Jake Spears❤️ wrote: "Looks fabulous darling!! Can't wait!! Squee!!"

SQUEEEEEEE! Thanks Shannon. We are going to have so much fun! = 00"

Blake Party!!
description

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Jessi wrote: "Yay! I can't wait for this one, I have enjoyed the series so far :)"

Yay Jessi! We are going to have a paaartay!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Shannon ❤️Mrs Jake Spears❤️ wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Shannon ❤️Mrs Jake Spears❤️ wrote: "Looks fabulous darling!! Can't wait!! Squee!!"

SQUEEEEEEE! Thanks Shannon. We are going to have so much fun! = 00"

Blake P..."

LOL!!!! It's on! Let's start early!

message 17: by Jessi (new) - added it

Jessi SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote:Yay Jessi! We are going to have a paaartay!"

Im in, especially if the party is like the pic above!!!! lol

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Shannon ❤️Mrs Jake Spears❤️ wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Shannon ❤️Mrs Jake Spears❤️ wrote: "Looks fabulous darling!! Can't wait!! Squee!!"

SQUEEEEEEE! Thanks Shannon. We are going..."

Especially with the crew from Magic Mike!!

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ Jessi wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote:Yay Jessi! We are going to have a paaartay!"

Im in, especially if the party is like the pic above!!!! lol"

Seriously....right!! Yummy!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ LOL! I agree! Shannon by chance do you have a GIF a little later in the strip-tease. I think I would really enjoy that.... ; ))

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "LOL! I agree! Shannon by chance do you have a GIF a little later in the strip-tease. I think I would really enjoy that.... ; ))"

So would I but GR doesn't like to play that way!! Buzz-killers!! I'm trying to be a good girl & it's so hard cuz it's not in my nature.....LOL

message 22: by Jessi (new) - added it

Jessi Lol, Dang GR!! :) Guess we'll just have to watch the movie at home =)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Shannon ❤️Mrs Jake Spears❤️ wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "LOL! I agree! Shannon by chance do you have a GIF a little later in the strip-tease. I think I would really enjoy that.... ; ))"

So would I but GR doesn't lik..."

LOL! I understand Shannon, but I noticed how you skated the question... sooo.. is there another GIF? [snickers]

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Jessi wrote: "Lol, Dang GR!! :) Guess we'll just have to watch the movie at home =)"

LOL! Yes, there is that. I haven't seen movie yet so that might be a good option for me...

message 25: by Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ (last edited Apr 15, 2014 03:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ I'm sure I could find several my lovely!! You MUST watch the movie!! So many gorgeous hunks!! I'm drooling just thinking about it!!
Whew.....is it getting HOT in here??

description

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Thanks Shannon! OMG! is that from movie! I might not have time ot read tonight, he he. (view spoiler)

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Thanks Shannon! OMG! is that from movie! I might not have time ot read tonight, he he. [spoilers removed]"

Thx!! I'll get rid of that first one cuz I'm thinking you're right!!

Yes....both were from the movie!! The man-candy in there is awesome!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ (view spoiler)

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

Yes.......we did!! LOL

message 31: by Jessi (new) - added it

Jessi Yay Shannon thank you! Very yummy!!!!!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Yes, thanks for the hump-fix:
 photo humpbysb_zps816e0855.gif

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Yes, thanks for the hump-fix:

"

Anytime ladies!! Damn....SueBee, I'm gonna have to steal that gif!! I love it but can never find it!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ LOL! Yeah I tried to have my private moment erased from the internet since I did not need the public to see the real me....

Shannie's ⭐️Lookin' 4 My Next BBF⭐️ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "LOL! Yeah I tried to have my private moment erased from the internet since I did not need the public to see the real me...."

LMFAO!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Shannon ❤️Mrs Jake Spears❤️ wrote: "SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "LOL! Yeah I tried to have my private moment erased from the internet since I did not need the public to see the real me...."

LMFAO!!"

; )))

Irida OMG I'm so eagerly waiting for my ARC...Sue did you read Blake's POV when he saw Sorab for the first time?...so sweet

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Irida wrote: "OMG I'm so eagerly waiting for my ARC...Sue did you read Blake's POV when he saw Sorab for the first time?...so sweet "

Oh yes you mean the link I have in my review for part 2.1?? [sigh!]

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️  photo happydance_zps843fc419.gif

I liked so bring it on!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Oh Deanna looking good, hehe. You are gong to have to teach us those dance moves! = ))

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Oh Deanna looking good, hehe. You are gong to have to teach us those dance moves! = ))"

You are on sista!!

message 42: by ~IreneOust~ (new) - added it

~IreneOust~ Two more weeks!!! I can't believe it's almost here :)

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ It's gonna be epic!!

message 44: by ~IreneOust~ (new) - added it

~IreneOust~ YES!!! And then we can discuss it in person over drinks in Chicago!!!

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ ~ Irene ♥s ~ Søren ~ Ben O'Callahan ~ Joe Callahan ~ Javier ~ Spin ~ Isaac ~ wrote: "YES!!! And then we can discuss it in person over drinks in Chicago!!!"

yes my dear!!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ I better get to practice on my (dance) moves... want to make sure Chicago will have me back:
 photo over-the-head-leg_zpsd2a960cd.gif

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "I better get to practice on my (dance) moves... want to make sure Chicago will have me back:

"

As long as we stick together, we can go anywhere!! (I think-haha)

message 48: by ~IreneOust~ (new) - added it

~IreneOust~ Yeah, Sue! Even if Chicago doesn't have you back, I'd be happy to come to you. Again! And maybe this time stay for good :) LOL!

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Yes, and this is not reflective of the city of Chicago running away from us...
 photo runningbysb_zps205d1ef6.gif

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ LOL! Yes Irene; Come - stay - forever. LA loves you!!!!

« previous 1 3 4