Monica Cardoza's Reviews > The Switched Baby Scandal

The Switched Baby Scandal by Theresa Meyers

U 50x66

Parents will do anything in order to protect their child(ren) and that’s all Taylor is thinking about. All Reece wants to do is get to know his daughter but also be there for her emotionally, physically and financially.

Wow this story really tore up my heart. My heart went out to Taylor because she was not able to see her child, play with her talk to her like Reece was able to do with Emily. This storyline is something that is heard of and like in this book the child should not be harassed by the media. The family should be should be left alone so they can deal with the traumatic consequences.

Taylor Lawrence never thought that when she would go get the paternity test results they would come back saying that not only the father of her baby was not the biological father but that she was not the biological mother. They had to be wrong there is no way that it could be true, the lab must have made a mistake. The only way that Taylor was going to find out was that she needed to investigate and if it was true what would happen to Emily. There is no way that they could take her away that is her baby.

Reece Wallace lost his wife and daughter in a tragic accident where a drunk driver slammed into their car. He promised to take care of their daughter but his wife had no idea that she had already passed. Now he has received a phone call from the hospital stating that they needed to speak with him and his wife about his child. He was happy that there was a chance that he would be able to keep the promise he made to his wife.

Reece wanted to get to know his daughter and feels awful that Taylor is not able to do the same. He shares pictures of Alyssa and also memories that’s all he can do. Taylor is having a hard time with sharing Emily and it seems that Emily is getting along with Reece. The news breaks about the baby switch and now the safety of Emily is in danger so they go live with Reece. Now they have to think about telling Emily the truth of who he is. How is she going to take it? Will Taylor be able to handle hearing Emily tell Reece “daddy”.

Emily is a bright little girl that seems like a grown up. She is so smart and comes up with the silliest things. I love how when she has something to say she will put her hand on her hip or when her parents are not getting along she would lecture them. Emily was just the light of this story.

The Switched Baby Scandal was a very good read and well written. I could not believe that I read this story in one sitting, I just couldn’t put it down. I needed to know what was going to happen, were they ever going to find the person that switched the babies. Only that was not the only reason I couldn’t put it down, it was the amazing chemistry that Taylor and Reece had. I wanted to know how long it would take them to finally see that they were meant to be. The pace of this story was perfect and it flowed smoothly.

I totally recommend this read and I look forward to reading more of this author!!

Thanks to NetGalley who provided me a copy of this ARC for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Switched Baby Scandal.

Started Reading