Darcy's Reviews > Ghostland

Ghostland by Jory Strong

Jan 05, 2010

bookshelves: 2010, pnr
Read from January 26 to 27, 2010

This book quickly sucked me in with the world that the story is set in. The time changing event is the Last War, where the world started out as we know, but turned into the world of the book. When humans started to kill each other in mass the supernatural creatures came out of hiding to emerge a strong species in their own right, creating a whole different set of rules for this new world.

Aisling is a shamaness who travels to the ghostworld to talk to the spirits. She is brought to the big city to help save a woman. While she is there is encounters all sorts of creatures, human and supernatural. While completing the task to save a woman she summons Zurael, who isn't happy about being at the beck and call of anyone, and he promises death to her. Once back in his world Zurael is given the chance to go after Aisling, however he finds he can't kill her, he starts to help her with her other tasks she has been given after she saved the woman. Their journey around the city and into all of the different subcultures is fascinating as they learn more about themselves and their heritage, all is not what it seems.

This book is not for the faint of heart as there are explicit sex scenes and issues with dominance and submission, but if you don't mind that the world you go into is a great one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghostland.

01/26/2010 page 234
68.62% "Really interesting premise, I like the world the book is set in."

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I'm anxious to see what you think of this one, Darcy. I'm still on the fence about it, since I heard it's got maybe a little too much sex in it.

Darcy I find I will try most anything, and I don't mind a "naughty" book every once in a while. I'll let you know when I get to it.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Okay, sounds good. I don't mean to put down erotic books. I just like a story that isn't overshadowed by sex, if you know what I mean.

Darcy I totally know what you mean. Sometimes the story is just sex for sex with not story. I don't care for those books myself, but if there is a good story to go with it I am ok with it.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) The best combination is when the sex is seamless with the story.

Darcy Very true!!