Hannah • So Obsessed With's Reviews > Forever, Interrupted

Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid

bookshelves: read-in-2014, fave-adult

Forever, Interrupted is a debut novel that I just read recently and loved. Based on the summary, it sounded like a sad book: Elsie Porter is an average twentysomething who falls head over heels for Ben Ross. They elope after dating for just a few months… and nine days later, Ben is killed in an accident. Well, this book completely surprised me. I loved the way it was written: flipping between flashbacks telling Ben and Elsie's story and Elsie's present-day life without Ben. Reid's writing really made me fall in love with the characters and connect emotionally to the story. This is one of my more recent favorite adult fiction favorites, and I'm looking forward to more from Reid in the future.

A fave moment:
"I didn't even notice Ben sitting there. I was far too involved with the minutiae of trying to buy a pizza. Once the cashier told me it would be another ten minutes, I retired to the small bench in the front of the store, and it was then that I noticed there was another person in the same predicament. My heart didn't skip a beat. I had no idea he was 'it'; it was 'he.' He was the man I'd dreamed about as a child, wondering what my husband would look like. I was seeing this face I had wondered about my whole life and it was right here in front of me and I didn't recognize it. All I thought was, He'll probably get his pizza before I get mine."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever, Interrupted.

January 25, 2014 – Started Reading