Shawna's Reviews > London's Perfect Scoundrel

London's Perfect Scoundrel by Suzanne Enoch

Jan 04, 2010

bookshelves: historical-romance, historical-romance-regency, author-suzanne-enoch, hero-cad-rake-rogue‎-scoundrel, hero-bad-boy-playboy-player, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, hero-alpha‎, captive-kidnapped-hostage-slave, favorites, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, favorite-hottest-love-scenes-nookie, hero-antihero-gamma, hero-cold-cruelbrute-dark-dangerous, hero-expert-skilled-voracious-lover, hero-gambler, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-stalk-me-baby-possessive, hero-stud-mantel-hall-of-fame, heroine-bluestocking-unconventional, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, heroine-naïve-virgin-like-a-virgin, heroine-prim-proper-decorous, hh-aristocracy-nobility-royalty, hh-love-commitment-marriage-phobic, hh-social-class-wealth-matters, hh-sweet-nice-paired-vs-gruff-cynic, i-read-own-faves-keepers, humorous-at-times-or-fluffy-fun, pregnancy-fertility-baby-kids-drama, revenge-deception-secrets-lies, wager, why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys, enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract, series-lessons-in-love, favorite-romance-series, 2011-reads, 5-stars-plus, angsty-dark-heavy-lotsa-drama, best-fave-reads-of-2011, best-top-favorites, dirty-talk-turns-me-on, hero-redeems-himself-reformed, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, heroine-i-adore, sizable-packages-size-matters, steam-3-hot, heroine-chaperone-governess-teacher, steam-2-warm, best-wittiest-banter-dialogue, hero-authentic-uber-rake, hero-bad-guy-ruthless-villainous, a-all-time-best-top-fave-dik-reads, a-all-time-favorite-hero, ending-abrupt-poor-epilogue-needed, heroine-plucky-lively-feisty-spunky, a-all-time-favorite-heroine, hero-flirt-charmer-ladies-man, a-all-time-best-top-50-fave-dik, hero-cocky-conceited-arrogant-ego, hh-banter-bicker-sparring-foreplay
Recommended to Shawna by: Rane & East
Recommended for: Fans of rake heroes & Lord St. Vincent from Kleypas's "Devil in Winter"

5+ stars – Historical/Regency Romance

WOW! I loved this, especially devilishly charismatic rake, the Marquis of St. Aubyn. Saint is a deliciously debauched scoundrel who glories in his depraved ways and pursuits, but he meets his match in caring, headstrong Evelyn. She’s determined to save the Heart of Hope Orphanage and teach Saint a lesson in compassion in the process; even if it means engaging him in a provocative battle of wills and indulging in his dangerous game of seduction. But who will be the victor of their passionate “lessons in love”?

St. Aubyn reminded me a lot of Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent from Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas (one of the sexiest, yummiest romantic heroes, ever!), and both heroines have the same informal name, Evie, strong countenances, and kindhearted natures. Hmmm...interesting...But the stories are decidedly different and each have their own charms.

If you enjoy romances with unrepentant rake heroes who just love to be bad and spirited heroines who give as good as they get, then don’t miss this wonderful, engaging read. It’s a keeper! Big 5 stars!

My ode to Saint:

S-infully scrumptious, seductive scoundrel
A-morous, amusing, and amoral rake
I-rresistibly charming
N-efariously naughty
T-enaciously wicked

I love Evie’s musing of Saint’s sex appeal.

His smooth panther’s stalk was magnetic even when he wasn’t hunting. With an entire room full of willing game, then, why was he after her?

This is my favorite sigh-worthy moment.

(view spoiler)

This is my favorite steamy moment.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read London's Perfect Scoundrel.

January 4, 2010 – Shelved
January 4, 2010 – Shelved as: historical-romance-regency
January 4, 2010 – Shelved as: author-suzanne-enoch
January 4, 2010 – Shelved as: historical-romance
February 16, 2011 – Started Reading
February 16, 2011 –
page 237
63.71% "Another devilishly wicked and sinfully charming rake named Saint. I'm LOVIN' it! :)"
February 16, 2011 – Shelved as: hero-cad-rake-rogue‎-scoundrel
February 16, 2011 – Shelved as: why-do-good-girls-like-bad-boys
February 16, 2011 – Shelved as: enemies-to-lovers-opposites-attract
February 18, 2011 –
page 384
100% "Wonderful! Loved Saint! Review to come."
February 18, 2011 – Shelved as: series-lessons-in-love
August 20, 2014 – Shelved as: hh-banter-bicker-sparring-foreplay

Rane *waves Saint love banner around*

Shawna LOL!!!! :)

message 3: by TJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

TJ Sheesh, woman, that's a lot of shelves to put this book on!

Shawna Well, Saint deserves it! LOL! :)

Yaseena this was a great one! glad you enjoyed it :)

Beanbag Love He's very much like St. Vincent! And his love interest has the same name, lol. I love this trilogy. I think it's Enoch's best. Great review!

message 7: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Great review Shawna!!! I'm adding this to my to-read pile ASAP! Sounds right up my alley!

message 8: by TJ (new) - rated it 3 stars

TJ Ok, ok, this one must now go on my TBR list - partly because I trust you, partly because I can't resist anything that would come close to a St. Vincent story!

Catherine This is such a sigh worthy book. I love how he uses her full name and how naughty he is.

message 11: by Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* (last edited Feb 21, 2011 07:22PM) (new) - added it

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Shawna! Like St. Vincent, eh? I MUST add this to my Mt. TBR then! ^_^

Edit: I just realised that this is the 2nd in a series. Do you recommend the first one, Shawna?

Kelly Shawna LOVE the dirty-talk-turns-me-on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Can you just list all the books that fall under that! They are my favorite! :)e

message 13: by ~Megan~ (new) - added it

~Megan~ You had me at St. Vincent!! Great review...I could spend hours going through your themed shelves!

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Great review! You had me at St Vincent as well :) (adding book to already to big tbr pile)

message 15: by Tori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tori Oh I loved this book too. Now I want to reread it.

Shawna Thanks, ladies! This is a definite must read for St. Vincent lovers and fans of uber bad boy rakes!

Jayne - I didn't enjoy the first book in this trilogy, The Rake, as much as this one, but it's still a good read. And it gives the background on how the three best friends, Georgiana, Evelyn, and Lucinda, first started their "lessons in love" lists/plan.

message 17: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Shawna wrote: "Thanks, ladies! This is a definite must read for St. Vincent lovers and fans of uber bad boy rakes!

I LOVED St. Vincent! Now could you read this book as a stand alone, or would you recommend reading it as a series??

Catherine Shawna wrote: "Thanks, ladies! This is a definite must read for St. Vincent lovers and fans of uber bad boy rakes!

You didn't enjoy watching them spar? It's not as good as this one, but the dialogue and frenemies-to-lovers thing was a lot of fun for me.

Have you read Reforming a Rake? The hero's like the beta version of Saint.

message 19: by Shawna (last edited Feb 22, 2011 03:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shawna Jayne/Jessica - I recommend the whole Lessons in Love trilogy 'cause they're all great reads.

Catherine - Oh yeah, I definitely enjoyed the sexy sparring between Tristan and Georgie in "The Rake". I just didn't love it as much as this.

I haven't read "Reforming a Rake" yet, but I've got it on my TBR and look forward to reading it.

Catherine Gotcha. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) Shawna, I didn't like The Rake at all. I liked this one and England's Perfect Hero much better.

Shawna England's Perfect Hero was wonderful, and it's actually my favorite of the trilogy, which surprised me considering how much I enjoyed this one. I still need to review it, though. :)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I agree with you about England's Perfect Hero. I'm not a big Suzanne Enoch fan, but that is one I do have on my favorites list, along with this one, Meet Me at Midnight and Reforming a Rake.

message 24: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Shawna wrote: "Jayne/Jessica - I recommend the whole Lessons in Love trilogy 'cause they're all great reads.

Thanks Shawna!! I normally like to read the complete series even if one can be read as a stand alone anway!! Looks like I have more to had to my mountain of to-read!

message 25: by Ruth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth Great review. Loved this book. Loved the series. Just hit all the right buttons for me. What more can I say...

message 26: by Angel (new) - added it

Angel Can't wait to try this series....thanks:)

Shawna Thanks, Ruth! I felt the same way. Everything about the trilogy clicked for me, especially this (Saint is just...YOWZA!) and the soulful England's Perfect Hero. I just wish Enoch would flesh out the endings a bit more and use epilogues. But it's still a fantastic series!

I hope you enjoy 'em, Angel!

Beanbag Love Ack! I loved "The Rake"! I thought Tristan and Georgiana were perfect together. I concede it might not be quite as good as the following two, but I loved it anyway. All three are on my Kindle for those times I just want to pop into a book and read a great moment.

message 29: by Ruth (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruth Ah, yes... I have those saved as a kindle collection I call Comfy Sweater reads....