Kayla's Reviews > Honor

Honor by Rachel Rossano

As a sequel to 'Duty,' I had high hopes for this story.

Following Lord Dentin, Securer of the Realm, this story takes you on an intriguing ride filled with unexpected turns and heart-thumping suspense. Charged with taking the son of his best friend to fulfill the wishes of the king, Lord Dentin happens upon the first woman he has ever met who isn't afraid to speak her mind, despite his rank and power. However, when this woman is faced with an arranged marriage that threatens her health and happiness, Lord Dentin cannot sit by and watch it happen.

With murder, treason, a trial by battle, an overbearing brother, and a troublesome king, 'Honor' is packed with adventure, hard decisions, and vivid characters.

Though there were lots of characters, I did not find it necessary to look at the character chart even once. Rachel did very well giving each character a distinct personality, which aided in keeping them all straight in my mind.

As a sequel to 'Duty,' it hit its mark – it was everything I had hoped Lord Dentin's story would be. However, it is also a great stand alone story, if you have yet to read 'Duty.'

With a storyline that is thrilling but not exhausting, description that is precise but not over-done, added to a captivating plot that wraps up with a great ending which didn't feel fake or forced, this book has it all. This was a great novel! I highly recommend it to lovers of the action/romance genre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Honor.

January 24, 2014 – Started Reading