Mary's Reviews > An Irish Country Christmas

An Irish Country Christmas by Patrick Taylor

Jan 04, 2010

Read in January, 2010

This was an enjoyable book! You will get a warm fuzzy feeling after reading about the Irish Country Doctors, Fingal O'Reilly and Barry Laverty. They live in a small country community where everyone knows everybody and they all know each others business. It was well worth the time to read the book and I look forward to reading the newest addition to the series, An Irish Country Girl. The books are written by a doctor and capture the essense of the Irish.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Irish Country Christmas.

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Johnson Hi Mary -- Patrick Taylor just had a new one released, "An Irish Country Girl." I really like him too and think this series is fun.

Ruth Hi Mare!
Are you feeling better yet? Did they ever figure out what was wrong? Barb read "An Irish Country Doctor" and passed it on to me. I wonder if she knew about the others in the series. If she reads what you and Anita wrote she will know and it sounds like she would enjoy the others.

Mary I'm still having trouble, and I'm still going to the doctors three in total. I am waiting to hear from my regular dr. about my white blood cell count. Still do not know any solution to the problems. The doctors in Florida leave a lot to be desired. I wish I was back in my little hometown in NJ, at least they knew what they were doing there. I do have the new book in this series, I got it from my book club. Yes, I still have a book club, but only get a book or two per year. Lou got me a book for Christmas, James Patterson's I, Alex Cross I can't wait to start it. How is the snow up there?

Ruth Mary wrote: "I'm still having trouble, and I'm still going to the doctors three in total. I am waiting to hear from my regular dr. about my white blood cell count. Still do not know any solution to the proble..."

We were behind in the snow that we usually get by 1 foot. Then when the beginning of January started, we discovered that we had now caught up with the average snow fall for this area. It has been snowing a few inches every day and that adds up quickly. We are supposed to get a storm this weekend. We shall see.
I hope that they figure out what is wrong so that you can get back on the road to recovery. I hope that the doctors are talking to one another. It is often a problem when they are working independently and no one is the lead dog. Be careful of that. We miss you and wish you were up here, too.