Alexandra's Reviews > Skulduggery Pleasant

Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy

Oct 27, 2007

bookshelves: best-in-2007, read-in-2007, own-on-audio, preteens, childrens-fantasy, given-to-john, given-to-joann, given-to-susan, shes-got-spunk, own-on-audible, own-on-kindle, favorites, skulduggery-pleasant-series
Recommended for: 2008 Odyssey Honor Audiobook
Read in November, 2007

*** Review available by request for those on my Friend list ***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skulduggery Pleasant.

06/01/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Ken (new)

Ken Hmn. Detective stuff is back in style, I see, for the YA crowd (I'm thinking of DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE, which I just read). Nice review. Appreciate the end paragraph for parents and teachers, too (though I think it's hysterical you have to warn parents who might object to "magic"). Ahem. Sorry. I gave DEATHLY HALLOWS a 5, so what do I know...?

message 2: by Alexandra (last edited Jan 14, 2008 03:58PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alexandra Thanks!

I happen to have an acquaintance who's daughter is a big reader so I recommend books to her occassionally. They don't allow books with sorcery because of their religious beliefs. I respect that even though my opinion in the matter differs. So I include that not only because I think there may be people here with similar opinions, but as a reminder to myself why I can't recommend a book to this specific kid. :)

BTW, I gave "Deathly Hallows" a 5 too :)

I listened to the audio version which was so excellent I can't imagine if the book would be as good. But yes, some of your students might enjoy this one. The protagonist is a younger girl, but the story is good enough that might not bother them.

I just started "Down the Rabbit Hole" today!

Theresa Milstein My daughter and I loved that quote. It was one of my favorites in the book.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

a truly amazing book! i love the magic and humour in these series, i think im going to reread them haha :)

AudibleBlerd Thanks for the recommendation!

Alexandra My pleasure AQ!