Christy's Reviews > VIP

VIP by M.  Robinson

Recommended to Christy by: Trish

4 stars!!!

photo da0ff809-d7ac-4f5f-ab60-095f40d679c6_zpsdb94c5b3.jpg

VIP. What can I say about this book… It was one of those stories that drained me. It wasn’t an easy book to read. It’s angsty, twisted and pretty messed up- but those are sometimes my favorite types of books!

This story has many characters, but the two main individuals are Ysabelle and Sebastian. We get both of their pov’s throughout the entire story. The first half is their pasts, the second half is when their worlds collide.

Lets start with Ysabelle. Growing up, life for Ysa was far from ideal. In fact, it was pretty terrible. Her past is so difficult to read. She was ‘raised’ by a monster. I found myself in tears more than once… but don’t tell her that. She would’t want us to cry for her.
Don’t you dare feel bad for me. I’m not writing this for you to shed tears. My story goes a whole lot deeper than this, and I defiantly don’t want your pity. I adapted. I embraced whatever the fuck came or would come. That’s what I do.

Ysa got out of her hell all on her own using the only thing she had. She’s strong and she moved past all the bad thats happened to her. After working hard for years as a bartender in Miami, she gets a huge break. The Madame comes to see her and offers her a very high profile job. She becomes a VIP. A VIP is a very important pussy. Sometimes an escort, sometimes a companion, sometimes… well, you get the drift. Only the richest of men can afford their time and they live a life of luxury.

photo 2544dfd8-b5cf-4002-9a4e-35ede9249aa0_zpsb47724e1.jpg

Now to Sebastian. The way Sebastian Vanwell grew up was the polar opposite of Ysa. He had kind a loving parents. They had money. He had a best friend living next door. Juila. And eventually her adopted sister, Olivia. The three of them had a great childhood, but as they got older, things got complicated. Sebastian has suffered his fair share of heart ache and loss, but he’s moved on the best he can. Fast forward to the present: Sebastian is married to Julia. He is a father. He’s successful at work, and happy at home. His life is pretty great. But once he meets Ysa, everything changes for him. His world is turned upside down.
I knew in my heart that it didn't matter, I was destined to meet Ysabelle. We were meant to cross paths. For whatever fucked up reason she came into my life, I couldn't let her go.

Ysa and Sebastian have this pull towards each other, an undeniable attraction neither of them can get over. Sebastian tries and tries not to call the number, not to see her again, but its useless. What they have goes beyond just attraction. It goes much deeper than that. Sebastian knows what he’s doing is wrong, but he can’t stop himself.

photo 8bb485cd-a520-4ebc-bcd1-540535f89849_zps3929c07b.jpg

Ysabelle is used to being with married men. In her line of work, it happens. But she never has feelings for them. Never ever grows attached to anyone. It’s how she works, it’s how she protects herself, ultimately, its how she survives. Sebastian changes everything in her life just by existing in it.

I’ll never be the one he lays next to every night…
I’ll never be the one that he makes love to time after time…
I’ll never be the one he plans a future with…
I’ll never be the one he grows old with…
I’ll never be the one he comes home to…
And I’ll never be the one that he says ‘I love you’ to… I’m the whore, the escort, the mistress, the prostitute, it doesn’t matter what way you say it…I’m the other fucking woman.
I’ll always be second place.

photo 782ed7e1-0ca9-41f5-a53b-24791e686383_zps0026a3f1.jpg

For the first time in her life, Ysa finds herself wanting… more. And she’s not sure what to do about it.

I wanted the fairy tale and the happy ending. I wanted to be rescued. It was a downfall of emotions when I finally admitted it to myself. I just didn't know what I was going to do about it.

Almost the entire second half of the book was a nail biter for me. I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop, to see what would happen. I had such conflicted feelings about these characters. Cheating is wrong. I know this. There was nothing ‘wrong’ with Sebastian’s wife, but I found myself doing the unthinkable and rooting for Sebastian to leave her. I actually liked Ysa a lot and wanted her to get her happy. But in a situation like theres, it seemed damn near impossible…

I’ve seen a lot of mixed reviews for this book, and I can see how it wouldn’t work for everyone. I have to say after investing so many hours reading (it’s a long one), I’m glad it worked for me. I love reading about imperfect characters, gritty pasts and love stories that are unconventional. This had all that. It’s also emotional and very steamy! I really enjoyed this authors writing style. **A word of warning- if have issues reading about cheating, drug use, child abuse, rape or prostitution I would stay away from this book. It probably won’t be for you.** If you’re like me and you’ll read about anything, I’d give it a go. It was a book that made me think, kept me on my toes and the entire time I read I was fully invested in Ysa and Sebastian's story. It’s a real page turner and I’m curious to see what part they will play in book 2- The Madam. I still have so many theories and questions left unanswered so I’m hoping to get some closure there.

photo d390cca5-b5e0-4cfc-9b6c-11206f29a901_zps85c03626.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read VIP.

January 24, 2014 – Shelved
January 24, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
July 24, 2014 – Started Reading
July 24, 2014 –
29.0% "Noooo.... I had a feeling something like this would happen!"
July 25, 2014 –
51.0% "About damn time!"
July 25, 2014 –
88.0% "I am feeling all sorts of conflicted about this story and these characters..."
July 25, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)

message 1: by Katherine (new) - added it

Katherine Free at Amazon

message 2: by • Lisa • (new)

• Lisa • looking forward to it bestie x

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wow. I'm looking forward to your thoughts about this one.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review hun :)

message 5: by Brandi (new) - added it

Brandi Stunning review, Christy! xoxo!

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Amazing review babe :D

Penelope ✘ that awkward girl that doesn't go here ✘ Great review, Christy! Not sure this one would be my cup of tea. :)

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Superb review Christy!! Glad you enjoyed this one :D

message 9: by Trish (last edited Jul 30, 2014 06:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trish aww FANTASTIC review.. as always!! I'm so happy you loved this one. I loved that it was different. I can't wait for you to read The Madam.... I really need MVP now.

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Amazing review! xo

Jacqueline's Reads Top notch review :D

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time Great review Christy!

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie Fantastic review, Christy :D

message 14: by Jessi (new) - added it

Jessi Beautiful review Christy!! :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review, Christy!

message 16: by S.M. (new)

S.M. West Awesome review, babe! And love your art.

message 17: by L.J (Lisa Jane) (new)

L.J (Lisa Jane) Great review - don't think this one is for me though.

Christy Kat Stark wrote: "BAHAHHAHA, I'm sorry, I could get past this VIP = Very Important Pussy. I know it's supposed to be angsty but that is hilarious to me.

Great review hun :)"

LMAO I love it! Thanks, babe! :)

Christy Brandi wrote: "Stunning review, Christy! xoxo!"

Thanks, Brandi! <333

Christy Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤ wrote: "Amazing review babe :D"

Thanks, sweetie! :)

Christy Penelope wrote: "Great review, Christy! Not sure this one would be my cup of tea. :)"

Thanks, Penelope! Yeah, it's one that won't be for everyone x

Christy Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Superb review Christy!! Glad you enjoyed this one :D"

Thanks, hun! Sorry it didn't work for you x

Christy Trish wrote: "aww FANTASTIC review.. as always!! I'm so happy you loved this one. I loved that it was different. I can't wait for you to read The Madam.... I really need MVP now."

Thanks a bunch, Trish! You always recommend the best books to me xoxo

Christy Barbara wrote: "Amazing review! xo"

Thanks, hun! :)

Christy Jacqueline's Reads wrote: "Top notch review :D"

Thanks sweetie! Hope you and that little darling of yours are doing well x

Christy J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* wrote: "Great review Christy!"

Thanks, hun! xo

Christy Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Reads YA Like A Boss* wrote: "Fantastic review, Christy :D"

Thanks, Christine! :)

Christy Jessi wrote: "Beautiful review Christy!! :)"

Thanks, Jessi! xo

Christy Cathy♥~ wrote: "Great review, Christy!"

Thanks, Cathy! xo

Christy Suzanne wrote: "Awesome review, babe! And love your art."

Thanks, doll! xo

Christy Lisa Jane (L.J) wrote: "Great review - don't think this one is for me though."

Thanks, sweets! <3

"That's All" Ash You always amaze me, Christy. :)

Christy "That's All" Ash wrote: "You always amaze me, Christy. :)"

You are too kind, Ash! I've missed you on goodreads! Glad to see you around xoxo

message 34: by Patrycja (new)

Patrycja Great review, Christy.

Christy Patrycja wrote: "Great review, Christy."

Thanks, hun! :)

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Kyle Terrific review, Christy!! Love your visuals (still not returning to this one) but just beautiful xx

Christy Thanks babe! LOL ;))

Cindy Wow Christy beautiful review! Those quotes were wonderful, love your casting. I want to read this now, so curious. ox :)

Christy Lisa wrote: "Fab review, Christy!"

Thanks, lovely! :)

Christy Cindy wrote: "Wow Christy beautiful review! Those quotes were wonderful, love your casting. I want to read this now, so curious. ox :)"

Thanks, babe! I hope you like it xoxo

Christy Nika (Off to Neverland) wrote: "Stunning review, Christy! =D"

Thanks, doll! xo

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome review Christy!

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ great review Christy! i havent read the next one....not really crazy about Madam plus i heard something and idk how i feel about it.

Christy TORI ~Break Me~Own Me~Love Me~ wrote: "Awesome review Christy!"

Thanks, Tori! :)

Christy ✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "great review Christy! i havent read the next one....not really crazy about Madam plus i heard something and idk how i feel about it."

Thanks, Sharon! I'm sure I'll get to it soon... I'm too curious not to see what happens next lol!

Alexis *Reality Bites* Wonderful review, Christy!!!

Christy Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* wrote: "Wonderful review, Christy!!!"

Thanks, Alexis! <333

message 48: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Great review and beautiful pictures love!

Christy Thanks, Jen! ❤️

Cindy THis is crazy Christy! Yet crazy good! I am about 55% done he is about to do something supper stupid.....

« previous 1