Paula's Reviews > Shades of Twilight

Shades of Twilight by Linda Howard

I've read a lot of Linda Howard's books and have enjoyed all of them, this one included. However, several things about "Shades of Twilight" bothered me.

First of all, weren't Webb, Jessie, and Roanna too closely related for him to marry either of them???? I know in centuries past that was no big deal, and relatives even closer than they were are known to have gotten married, but in this day and age, I thought they were a bit too closely related.

Also, not to give anything away, but when Jessie's real killer was revealed, it seemed anticlimatic to me, almost a let-down. I believe the real killer would have behaved differently at the time of Jessie's death and not let Webb take the blame for it, even in the court of public opinion. And that's all it was - the court of public opinion. I'm also surprised that the authorities didn't pursue Jessie's death more diligently.

Still, the story was so suspenseful, I couldn't put it down, much the way I've been with Linda Howard's other books! All the "didn't make sense" tidbits aside, I was every bit as into this one as I've been into all her others!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Twilight.

Started Reading