Elgon Williams's Reviews > Sitnalta

Sitnalta by Alisse Lee Goldenberg

Sitnalta is an enjoyable read from start to finish. The story is well paced and the characters are memorable. The story works well as a kind of bridge between all those stories we grew up reading in elementary school where trolls, ogres, kings, queens, princes and princesses were as real and the magic of learning to read. Although this story is not solely intense for children it is a simple story of love, honor and courage that anyone of any age will enjoy.

For anyone not in on the little secret, some of the names, the most unusual ones, are familiar, mythical names spelled backwards. Perhaps that will help you remember them as you read on. I find it interesting how this fact connects to one of Sitnalta's dreams which ties into the ending.

I might have enjoyed this story more if the plot were a bit more complicated, but its simplicity feeds into its charm. And so, I'm prone to accept it for what it is at face value, a very good story worth reading.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sitnalta.

December 23, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read (Paperback Edition)
December 23, 2013 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
Started Reading
January 23, 2014 – Shelved
January 23, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Reader's Paradise It really is a feel good fun read. I am truly loving it and with every new character introduce I'm looking at their name in a suspect way just to make sure one does not get by me like Sitnalta did, ugh!
I caught the wizard, her dad and one other but breezed right pass Sitnalta...I think that is part of the fun guessing the names.
So glad this book was offered to me to review, I mightve passed up a really good read otherwise.