Lexi's Reviews > Agent I1: Tristan

Agent I1 by Joni Hahn

** Originally written for Book Bliss book blog. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased and honest review.**

Review: 4 stars
General: What a fantastic concept! I loved the idea overall, D.I.R.E. may seem a little bit evil to the extent that they genetically engineered the players but I still loved it. It was a romance and a spy novel all rolled into one. I loved the way the two were seamlessly mixed together with a nice dose of sci-fi too. The tension in the book felt real, high stakes were on the line and I never questioned the responses of any of the characters. I loved the interactions between everyone and there was a nice dose of comedic relief inbetween he running for their lives.
Also, the world building was very strong. Concepts needed to be explained slowly and in detail because they were scientific. I felt for the most part it was super clear and no one would have trouble grasping the theories applied or the rules of D.I.R.E.

There were a few issues in the book in terms of the writing itself. While not many, there were editing issues. But the main thing preventing a 5 star review of this book was confusion in dialogue/POV. There were a ton of jumps and not always with identifiers or tag lines. I had to go back and reread a few times to be sure of exactly what I just read.

Characters: Rachel- Rachel was an interesting character. There were moments I couldn't handle her sweetness/weakness. Then I would love how loving and helpful she was. I wanted her to find her strength to stand up for herself, as well as of course her own happily ever after. She was believable for the most part, there were just a few moments when I questioned how easily the shift if her personality would have been.

Tristan- Tristan is that impenetrable wall of an alpha hero that is so sexy and tragic it's almost an overload! He's had a rough past and his response was to shut it all off. I loved watched Rachel get under his skin it was awesome. His powers are awesome, maybe not the coolest superhero traits but definitely still awesome.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Agent I1.

Finished Reading