Elle Bee's Reviews > Shadow Stalker

Shadow Stalker by Barbara Ann Derksen

Who doesn't enjoy a cute mystery? Okay, "cute" may not be the word you normally associate with the Mystery genre but with this book, I think it's a good fit. I'm not saying this book is babies and puppy dogs cute. It does cover a few serious topics. However, it's not presented in a rated R format, more like PG 13. Leaving more of a "cute and well done" taste in my mouth as opposed to an "Intense and messed up" one.

If I were to tell you when and where to read this book, I'd say wait until you have a rainy weekend to curl up in your favorite spot and crack this case. Maybe even grab a large mug of your hot beverage of choice. Then, with the sound of the rain tapping on the window, open this book and indulge. Yes, I said open this book. As in get yourself a good hard copy, print edition, real pages, new book smell, book and curl up with it. There is just something different about the feel and smell of a "real" book.

This author is quite talented at providing a tale with several different stories going on at once and, wait for it, tying it all together seamlessly. She catches you at the beginning, draws you in with her story, and then you have no choice but to watch it play out. Sure, you can guess what will happen next, but you may be wrong, it is a mystery after all...

As well as providing a mystery with 1, 2, 3, and more, things going on, the author provides a Christian theme. Not to mention, she does an excellent job of portraying the Christian life as a relationship with Christ, not a routine, and NOT a checklist. Something we can all be reminded of in our busy lives.

All of this and more is tied together and finished with a...Wait, MOST of this is tied together and finished with a...Well, you'll just have to read to find out!

If you plan to read this book, I encourage you to. It provides a good weekend tale. Just keep in mind, it is part of a series, and it very obviously sets up for the sequel. Enjoy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Stalker.

January 22, 2014 – Started Reading