Kim's Reviews > Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons

Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik

Recommended for: women (especially mothers) ages 30-70

This book is about 5 neighbors who start a book club in the late 1960's... and the reader lives the next 30 years along with them. Thank you, Mary, one of MY oldest friends (in the sense that I've known you 18 years!) who loaned me this book-- I loved it! It made me realize how fast 30 years will fly by and to live in each moment with my family. This is not a book I would have picked up on my own, most likely, yet I can say that it is probably one of my favorite novels I've read in a long time. I related to this book in so many different ways-from being a young child in the 1970's remembering my mom's bridge clubs...all the ladies of the neighborhood eating snacks and smoking...being a mom of young kids myself now and relating to the things these housewives feel and experience, loving books and wanting to be part of something where you build true and lasting friendships, connecting with a character like Slip b/c I, too, am short and have frizzy red hair and a wonderful husband, unlike the other Angry Housewives...having 2 boys and wondering WHAT IF one of them turned out gay...would I be like Faith? This book was so nostalgic and I laughed out loud and cried A LOT. It makes me want to be part of a book club like that, too...any takers?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons.

October 27, 2007 – Shelved