Scott Denbow's Reviews > The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less

The 80/20 Principle by Richard Koch

Jan 03, 2010

liked it
Read in January, 2010

80/20 is an interesting phenomenon. It is not a universal principle like gravity, but still worth investigating, especially as it relates to time. If 20% of my time yields 80% of my effectiveness, then it behooves me to focus on leveraging the 20%. I got lost in the middle of this book - very technical and the author's uses mgmt consulting jargon. There is a pervasive philosophy in this book that control - of happiness, success, fulfillment, relationships, etc - rests entirely in our hands. True, we are capable of accomplishing much in life , seemingly by our own effort, but what really yields true success (not external happiness) is a relationship with the living God.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 80/20 Principle.

01/03/2010 page 80
27.78% "...or is it page 20?"
show 2 hidden updates…