Mscout's Reviews > Under the Dome

Under the Dome by Stephen King

Jan 02, 2010

bookshelves: horror

I am really torn here. I liked the book, but may be suffering from too-high expectations. It was definitely fast-paced, one of the "shortest" 1100 page books I've ever read, and yet...I get that Man is still the scariest monster in the universe, and that seems to be King's point in a lot of his work, but some of the inhumanities just seemed to be unnecessary piling-on. I don't even like people and I don't believe that things go that bad that fast. Overall, I did really like it, but I think there are some extaneous bits that could have been skipped and it would have been a better 900 page book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Dome.

January 2, 2010 – Shelved
May 16, 2010 – Started Reading
May 23, 2010 –
page 499
May 25, 2010 –
page 793
May 27, 2010 – Finished Reading
February 14, 2013 – Shelved as: horror

Cindy Do you have it? I still have an ARC, if you want it.

Mscout If you still have it, yes, I thought somneone else was going to read it first, or have they already?

Cindy They have, and I got it back. I think it is my trunk . . . I'll double check tomorrow and let you know.

Mscout cool, let me know when you are at work this week, I can probably swing by and pick it up.

Cindy I work tomorrow 6a - 3p

Cindy same thursday and saturday, mid, 10-7 on friday.

Mscout ok, looking like friday then, sometime before 1, anytime better than another?

Cindy Story Time 10:30- 11:30-ish.
Lunch hard to predict, but not usually before 1, so any time that isn't 10:30 to 11:30 is fine. Cafe Express makes a great egg cheese ciabata sandwich, under 3 bucks. We could meet there, 9? 9:15? Whatever works for you, I will make sure to bring the book with me from the car that day.

Mscout Aiight, Cafe Express 9ish it is, see you then