Carol - Reading Writing and Riesling's Reviews > Monkey Business

Monkey Business by Kathryn Ledson

11431921

bookshelves: own

My View:
A delicious snack of fun and laughter.

I really enjoyed this easy reading, fast paced piece of escapist writing; for several hours I laughed to myself and got lost and involved in the madcap world of Erica Jewell. This is perfect read for on the train, plane or beach or when you need cheering up – light, engaging, funny and all action completed with an authentic Australian voice.

There is something about this novel that is so engaging – maybe it is its Australianness – the characters and the narrative do not take themselves seriously, there is a glorious sense of fun and madness that the author does not try to justify – it just is what it is – fun, light, entertaining. The characters and settings are familiar and memorable - who doesn’t know of Tupperware parties, of standing in queues at night clubs, of exotic overseas holiday destinations (not), handsome heroes , demanding mothers, true good friends and mysteries galore – what isn’t there to love about this book? Ledson strikes the right balance of fun and adventure, danger and romance. A great entertaining read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monkey Business.

January 21, 2014 – Started Reading