Alex's Reviews > End the Fed

End the Fed by Ron Paul

119318
Jan 02, 2010

bookshelves: libertarian-limitedgovt, nonfiction

Although most of us are familiar with the Federal Reserve most of us don't think twice about how this organization operates or the ramifications of its policies on our economy. Did you know that the Federal Reserve is made of private banking institutions who benefit from inflation while US citizens pay the price in higher costs? Or were you aware that this quasi-governmental organization is not subject to the same audit requirements that normal governmental agencies are subject? The book includes a history of how the Federal Reserve came into existence and how the monetary policy used by the Federal Reserve to manipulate the economy over the past 30 years directly brought about the financial meltdown. You may recall from your economics courses how the money supply and interest rates are used to control the economy but you may not be aware of the drastic long-term consequences of these policy decisions. Ron Paul lays out the inevitable conclusion if we continue on this path as a nation and why it is necessary to End the Fed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read End the Fed.