Sandra McLeod's Reviews > Peek-A-Boo, I See You!: Parenting From Your Child's Point of View

Peek-A-Boo, I See You! by Sandra Gunn

Jan 02, 2010

bookshelves: parenting

I related to this book on so many levels--as a retired clinical psychologist, as a children's author, as a parent, as a grandparent, and even as a daughter--and I couldn't agree more with Ms. Gunn's premise that we learn from those we teach. Parenting is a reciprocal process and we are all students. This book is a parenting guide and so much more! This is a remarkable book full of wisdom, sensitive insights, nostalgia, and humor. It is written with an intellectual honesty and integrity that inspire the reader to join in and become an active participant in this creative and fulfilling venture we call parenting.

Ms. Gunn's use of language is almost poetic and some of her observations such as, "I relived with them my lost childhood and they helped to melt the frozen chambers of my heart" will remain with me for a very long time. There are so many memorable phrases such as: "Children do not see limitations in people they love, only possibilities" and "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." One of my favorite passages is, "Where there is memory, there is life. Where there are stars, there is light." Ms. Gunn is not only a gifted educator but also a gifted writer as well! Highly Recommended!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peek-A-Boo, I See You!.